Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lightweight overtrousers

lightweight overtrousers

Just picked up a good pair of running overtrousers from the Dare2b shop in the chill factory near the trafford centre,waterproof,breathable, ankle zips ,packs down really small ,cut a unnecessary strap of the stuff sack and they weigh 160 grams including sack, retail at £40 in sale at £32 ,also picked up a pair of the running shorts for a tenner!

Re: lightweight overtrousers

I wouldn't dream of actually running in kegs, i just carry a reasonable pair for kit requirement. I think Mistlite 120s are cheaper than that too.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I wouldn't dream of actually running in kegs, i just carry a reasonable pair for kit requirement. I think Mistlite 120s are cheaper than that too.
    The problem with mistlites they don't have taped seams so aren't classed as waterproof.

I got a pair of these for the wife, a bit heavier than most wind/shower proof, but are lighter than the OMM trousers and they're a bargain!

http://www.planetfear.com/item/Brand...0_29260_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    The problem with mistlites they don't have taped seams so aren't classed as waterproof.
    Aah i see.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I have been wondering about the definition of waterproof as well. There is no definition of waterproof or mention of seam taping on the FRA Safety Requirements for Equipment so I think that the Mislites would be fine for a bog standard FRA race. Only if a race organiser, eg the LDMT, specified seam taping would the Mislites not be acceptable.

If this is wrong (which is perfectly possible) then please tell me, always ready to be corrected. I have this information on my website and want to be saying the right thing

http://www.facewest.co.uk/FRA-Safety-Requirements.html

I think the mistlite pants are excellent. I've up spec-ed a bit on the jacket but think the pants are great and such good value.

are the Mistlites much lighter than the Atomic DT pants - which are v light, less than 200g I think?

As with most Inov-8 products the numbers in the name are the weight for a middle ish size. Mistlite Pant 130, Mistlite Shell Jacket 210, X Talon 212 etc

So the pants are 130g.

Quote Originally Posted by Facewest-Stu View Post
    I have been wondering about the definition of waterproof as well. There is no definition of waterproof or mention of seam taping on the FRA Safety Requirements for Equipment so I think that the Mislites would be fine for a bog standard FRA race. Only if a race organiser, eg the LDMT, specified seam taping would the Mislites not be acceptable.

If this is wrong (which is perfectly possible) then please tell me, always ready to be corrected. I have this information on my website and want to be saying the right thing

http://www.facewest.co.uk/FRA-Safety-Requirements.html

I think the mistlite pants are excellent. I've up spec-ed a bit on the jacket but think the pants are great and such good value.
    I was looking at using mistlites for Saunders this year, but they have specified, no pertext!

I have a pair of the mistlites and like them unless you have to put them on, as they have no zip they are hard to get on, I prefer the montane windproof pants.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    are the Mistlites much lighter than the Atomic DT pants - which are v light, less than 200g I think?
    Both trousers are different, the Mistlites are good in a shower, but if you're out for hours and want to keep dry then the Atomic DT trousers are a great buy.

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Both trousers are different, the Mistlites are good in a shower, but if you're out for hours and want to keep dry then the Atomic DT trousers are a great buy.
    yeah I've got the Atomics hopey, was just wondering whether it was worth getting the mistlites to cut down on weight in the bumbag for races but it doesn't look like it really.