Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Hi All

Hope you are all well?

Sorry not been here for a while...

Some of you know i have been ill, some of you know i have a neurological condition that makes me ill, for over a year now, i have been really unwell, which led to Depression.

Today i had bloods done again, after results from the last lot 4 weeks ago, one of the tests today was to test for bowel or ovaries tumours, i have been trying for 3 months to lose weight, more i tried to do any exercise, more i end up in pain.

Not sure what is going on, just having alot of pain and all tests showing up an inflammation but they have no idea really where it is.

Kind of puts an end to my dreams of ever running down a big hill...for the moment anyway.

Hope you are all having fun, site looks very different, wasn't sure i was on the right site at first.

See you all soon...x

Re: Hi All

Hi NB

I was only thinking last week you havent been on for a while.

I hope you get it all sorted, chin up, best foot forward and may be we will see you out there, if not racing then supporting/marshalling.

speedy recovery

IDP

Hi Helen, i hope i've got your name right there! I'm really sad for you, i was wondering how you were doing when i noticed your fantasy fellrunning team yesterday as like you say you've not been about much. Don't think it's over until it's over, i have these negative moments and think that ITBS will prevent me running further than 5m for the rest of my life but the truth is it's more likely to get better but i just struggle to see the positives in life. It's affecting my cycling now and i had to hand in my number for the GYBR because of it.

My mum's just come through a pancreas infection brought on by having gaul stones lasered and she was advised that serious conditions can linger for ages and although you may feel ok it'll actually be ages before you are ok. You'll probably just have to wait this thing out but i really hope they sort it as quickly as possible. Stay as positive as you can .
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Hi NB, sorry to read this but really liked the rider in your post "..for the moment anyway", this will pass, it probably won't at the speed you'd like, but it will pass. IDPs idea of supporting/marshalling sounds very good, I'm sure any contribution you could make would be greatly appreciated.

The hills arn't going anywhere, I'm sure you'll achieve your goals NB, keep posting and focussing on what you can control, I'm sure you'll get there.
    Duncan

Hey NB, nice to *see* you on here

Sorry to hear about all these things that are going off. Like you say though, these dreams are only put off for the moment.

Thank you all for the lovely messages, and also for the email i got, really appreciate it.

Marshalling might be a good option...

I have a 4 days off next week, looking forward to putting my feet up, enjoy the running this week everyone!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    My mum's just come through a pancreas infection brought on by having gaul stones lasered and she was advised that serious conditions can linger for ages and although you may feel ok it'll actually be ages before you are ok. You'll probably just have to wait this thing out but i really hope they sort it as quickly as possible. Stay as positive as you can .
    I hope your Mum's okay now!!! xx

Get well soon Helen and stay positive, i've been through a patch of negativity and i wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Keep smiling
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Get well soon Helen and stay positive, i've been through a patch of negativity and i wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Keep smiling
    Thanks ML, hope your okay now? xx

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    I hope your Mum's okay now!!! xx
    Yeah, she looks fine but it takes so long to fully get over serious illness and she's always sleeping. She's gone to Orkney for a fortnight to relax now and left me the stupid cats to look after...hair, mice, birds, vomit
    Last edited by mr brightside; 11-06-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent