Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's here!!

Re: It's here!!

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Well 6 months until it's thrown out and upgraded....
    Almost worth a poll, to guess how long before Allan 'improves' a piece of it, or all of it
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

undercover moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post

Weighing in at only 5.3KG as well!!!
    Have you taken the reflectors off?

Master and MR

nice one alan
    dont scratch it

ensure you get it insured

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hi Al

what a whopper at 11 lbs

Ian
    11LBS!!???!! It's only 5.3 KG, and as for being a whopper, it's below the legal limit for a road race bike - not that they'll find that out, and if they do, I'll just have to add some weight for those races.

As for the upgrades, well in a way it's going to be upgraded in a few weeks, as they hadn't got a Record front mech in, so they fitted a chorus, but as soon as the Record comes in, it'll be getting swapped!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Have you taken the reflectors off?
    Didn't come with them. Got no lights either, or a bell, or a basket Or stabilisers....

I don't know £3500 doesn't go far these days... :-)

Allegedly it is the best bike on the IOM, not sure about that, but there's not many people who've got one, let alone with a record.

Amazed myself by riding hard up a really steep hill (called Crellins hill) in 39:17, then where the gradient leveled out, sprinting to the top of the hill, only getting stopped by the traffic lights (had I not I would have ridden hard off the top).

Normally I grind up that hill on my other bike in 39/23, and get well pumped with lactic!!! Perhaps it's psychosomatic and because I attacked the hill hard in a higher gear I didn't feel it as much, but I still think that there must have been some difference with the greatly reduced weight of the bike?
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

[quote=AllanT;32286]11LBS!!???!! It's only 5.3 KG, and as for being a whopper, it's below the legal limit for a road race bike - not that they'll find that out, and if they do, I'll just have to add some weight for those races./quote]

Should we post this to some road cycling governing body on the IOM ?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Bloody hell I can have a shit and lose more than 11lbs!

[quote=molehill;32467]
    11LBS!!???!! It's only 5.3 KG, and as for being a whopper, it's below the legal limit for a road race bike - not that they'll find that out, and if they do, I'll just have to add some weight for those races./quote]

Should we post this to some road cycling governing body on the IOM ?

Actually some of the guys who built it are obviously also into their racing!!

They will keep mum though!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Question Re: It's here!!

Alan T

WHatever you've bought. You didn't get a Scott Addict Ltd for £3500. Any LBS selling it to you for that price wouldn't be a Scott dealer for long.

Didn't come with them. Got no lights either, or a bell, or a basket Or stabilisers....

I don't know £3500 doesn't go far these days... :-)

Allegedly it is the best bike on the IOM, not sure about that, but there's not many people who've got one, let alone with a record.

Amazed myself by riding hard up a really steep hill (called Crellins hill) in 39:17, then where the gradient leveled out, sprinting to the top of the hill, only getting stopped by the traffic lights (had I not I would have ridden hard off the top).

Normally I grind up that hill on my other bike in 39/23, and get well pumped with lactic!!! Perhaps it's psychosomatic and because I attacked the hill hard in a higher gear I didn't feel it as much, but I still think that there must have been some difference with the greatly reduced weight of the bike?
    worth a visit to IOM to see it, what's your address again ?

then we can sell it on ebay for 6K??