Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotfoot up Famau

Re: Hotfoot up Famau

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I updated the route for my own amusement - this is where we went:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2046740

Comes out as 3.9 miles. Only real difference was going over Moel y Gaer rather than round. The knee-length leggings I wore worked extremely well protecting me from the nettles and gorse :-)
    Hi Joe

Hope you don't mind but Bob has put your link onto the wfra website as part of the report, very useful so thanks for that
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

I thought the map looked a bit familiar

Glad you liked it

Moel Famau - Pictures

With thanks to Martin, there are some pictures from this race on the site....

www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk

I am hoping to be at Peris Horseshoe on Saturday and Source of the Severn on Sunday....

Al.

Hotfoot up Famau

Fifth anniversary on Wednesday of this little toughie. Fellrunner's record of 2006 still stands - I think he won't mind me saying it's there to be beaten. Anna Frost's record is another matter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Fifth anniversary on Wednesday of this little toughie. Fellrunner's record of 2006 still stands - I think he won't mind me saying it's there to be beaten. Anna Frost's record is another matter!!
    Shame it's on same night as Pontesbury fell race. Good series the Shrop series with some good runners turning up.

Love the hotfoot!

Should be a few of us from Helsby there, if it's as warm as tonight i'm taking the flesh vest. Danny will be having a run out too, still improving!

The question is whether downhill racer will give it a go.................!

See you there Martin

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Re: Hotfoot up Famau.

Excellent race, a wee toughie, but not too technical. That bit where you cross the stream after the first descent is my favourite couple of hundred yards running in the Clwydians.

As Martins says, the record is very soft. I'm sure a decent runner could take a good 3 or 4 minutes out of it. I think Gilbo is turning out for it, but due to a nasty winter/spring of injuries I don't think that he'll be able to break it this year. Locally, it would be good to see what the Davies brothers, Ricky Challinor or some of the Eryri boys could do.

The weather forecast looks like it will make for a fantastic evening in the hills. I won't be there this year as I fly out to do Ironman France at silly o'clock the following morning......I hope to be recovered for The Druid.

Happy miles.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Hi - anymore details on starting point/parking etc? PostCode for Satnav lovers etc :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DylanWales View Post
    Hi - anymore details on starting point/parking etc? PostCode for Satnav lovers etc :-)
    Hi DylanWales

There is some info (GR) on the upcoming races section of the WFRA here http://www.wfra.co.uk/

Its the top car park at Moel Famau, not sure it will have a Postcode for satnav but if you get to Moel Famau you can't really go wrong as its about half a mile up the road from the main car park.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by harrymoon View Post
    Love the hotfoot!

Should be a few of us from Helsby there, if it's as warm as tonight i'm taking the flesh vest. Danny will be having a run out too, still improving!

The question is whether downhill racer will give it a go.................!

See you there Martin
    Yup, I'll be going - despite clambering on all fours up what I presume was the stone gully on Sunday (some Clwydian Range Runners were recce'ing the route too so I presume I went the right way for once!) - I think I took as long as Fellrunner's course record just getting up that!