Thread: Patterdale uphill champs

Patterdale uphill champs

Have just been in earnest discussion with son on best place for me to be at this race, having never done an uphill race before. Usually I'm at the start, warm up together & chat, but he likes to know I'm at the finish also..

I'd be interested to hear others experiences/thoughts.
    "You have brains in your head, your feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose". Dr Seuss.

Re: Patterdale uphill champs

I guess it depends on his age and whether you can leave him at the start on his own or with clubmates. I think the younger ones finish at or near the fell wall so you could possibly sprint up while the starter is briefing them. After that it steepens rapidly for the u12/u14s. Probably best to walk the course first then decide.
    by the way the ferret roulette is great fun for kids!

Ferret roulette sounds pretty good full stop! Thanks for that, he's U/12 so won't be a major problem being at the start by himself, I imagine when they cross the line they're just told to make their way back down again, no drinks or kit. He's suggested halfway so may well do that, but as you say, we'll walk it & Probably decide on day. Thanks RH.
    "You have brains in your head, your feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose". Dr Seuss.

Does anyone know if there's a telly anywhere near Patterdale where I can watch the match after the race?

I think the u12/u14s did the same course last year following the wall up to about where it says 'Oxford Crag' on the OS map. There is a knoll about 50m below the finish where quite a few of us watched from.

Quote Originally Posted by billydog View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a telly anywhere near Patterdale where I can watch the match after the race?
    I'm sure they'll be a pub near by that you'll be able to watch it on.

probably best at the top - if its hot he'll want some water and if it's cold a cag

What a cracking race. Never been to an 'uphill' before but the route, location and organisation were first class & made it a really enjoyable, if tough, event. Many thanks to the organisers, the whole family had a great time.

great day, never experienced a 'uphill only race.' Many thanks to everyone that helped organised the race.

http://www.felljunior.org.uk/FRAJuni...hamppoints.php
    Club Standings are up and made great reading - Well done my lot for keeping the momentum going in my absence - but it's still all to play for at the final race

http://www.felljunior.org.uk/FRAJunior/index.php
    Individual Standings are here and although some age categories look done and dusted, don't forget the new points structure that will be in place for Darwen.

•From 2010, the points for round 6 only will be; 53 for 1st, 50 for 2nd, 48 for 3rd, 46 for 4th, ...., 1 for 49th

which means a strong run at Darwen could move you dramatically up the rankings.

Guided recces for a small fee are available