Page 101 of 409 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4090

Thread: R2: The Chain

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Re: R2: The Chain

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    Favourite songs? Far from it. Infact out of all the songs posted none were my favourite from any of the artisits. It was merely done in an attempt to take the chain away from the drab shite of the cheeky girls and onto something a little more obscure which would require some thought. After all the whole reason for the chain on r2 is for people to think about music and it's links, and for listeners to learn something new and often be put in touch with artists they may otherwise not hear. Do you think Radcliffe would select the like's of the cheeky girls or cotton eye joe? I think not. And before you state they wouldn't play any of my selection, that really doesn't matter as the greatest radio Dj the world has ever and will ever see did - the mighty John Peel.
    First did not realise we had to slavishly copy Radcliffe - are you related to a breed of sheep?

Secondly I understand your point but it would have helped if you had not used the same link throughout, i.e that they all played with each other. This negates the fact the tracks were obscure as the links were not.

However nice try b+
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    George was (along with Zippy) one of the founder members of...

Rainbow - Since you've been gone

Edit: OK Alf

From Heart of glass to...

Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
    Great one here. Dave Grohl was introduced to the rest of the band by Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins. So:
    The Melvins Talking Horse
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    First did not realise we had to slavishly copy Radcliffe - are you related to a breed of sheep?

Secondly I understand your point but it would have helped if you had not used the same link throughout, i.e that they all played with each other. This negates the fact the tracks were obscure as the links were not.

However nice try b+
    If you want me to start making the links obscure thats not a problem. Just seemed the thread may struggle with that. And as for copying Radcliffe, The Thread is called R2 THE CHAIN - So surely thats the point?!

If you want me to start making the links obscure thats not a problem. Just seemed the thread may struggle with that. And as for copying Radcliffe, The Thread is called R2 THE CHAIN - So surely thats the point?!
    You seemed to think we should only list songs Radcliffe might play instead of more mainstream material.

not sure what you mena by the struggle comment - are you implying we are not as clever as you?

You seemed to think we should only list songs Radcliffe might play instead of more mainstream material.

not sure what you mena by the struggle comment - are you implying we are not as clever as you?
    Come on AS, let's wait until this thread is slowing a bit before we feel to need to include one of your amusing wind-ups.

Great one here. Dave Grohl was introduced to the rest of the band by Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins. So:
    The Melvins Talking Horse
    Melvin's long-lost twin brother...

Billy Bragg - Take Down the Union Jack

Not at all, if you look back through the posts you'll see I have posted a number of mainstream artists and acts.
    And again not at all, there have been some great links on here, even some that have been very simple. However the links of the like of linen on a prayer and the casual rascist link from the vapours have been very suspect to say the least. I'm sure that the majority of the posters on this thread including your good self are more than cappable of going obscure with there links, and bands which in my opinion would be good as I'd like to develop my knowledge of music further and as I have said before come across some artists that I otherwise would not hear. The struggle comment was in relation to it being difficult to get the links away from the obvious mainstream acts and tracks, nevermind trying to incorporate an obscure link in the process. Though having re-read my post I can see how you thought I was being somewhat elitist and condescending, this wasn't my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Melvin's long-lost twin brother...

Billy Bragg - Take Down the Union Jack
    Nice simple straight forward link here - Cock Sparrer - England belongs to me.

Anti - The Melvins long lost brother link is exactly what I'm talking about. Though If people find my comments annoying just say, and I'll keep them to myself and continue to link away

Not at all, if you look back through the posts you'll see I have posted a number of mainstream artists and acts.

And again not at all, there have been some great links on here, even some that have been very simple. However the links of the like of linen on a prayer and the casual rascist link from the vapours have been very suspect to say the least. I'm sure that the majority of the posters on this thread including your good self are more than cappable of going obscure with there links, and bands which in my opinion would be good as I'd like to develop my knowledge of music further and as I have said before come across some artists that I otherwise would not hear. The struggle comment was in relation to it being difficult to get the links away from the obvious mainstream acts and tracks, nevermind trying to incorporate an obscure link in the process. Though having re-read my post I can see how you thought I was being somewhat elitist and condescending, this wasn't my intention.
    Relax - Noel was right I was having a Monday morning wind up.Will troll back to the vapours link as I don't recall it - I assume it was something with a Japanese theme. I agree its good to listen to stuff you would never come across usually - I can't stop whistling Ananga Ranga, was it produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman?