Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

disco stan

Re: Football

you're as boring as your team mate. must be the IT. Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn!

Clarence Seedorf was outstanding. Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes???

Quote Originally Posted by disco stan View Post
    Can the scouse b*****ds win a european knockout game against a decent side without it going to penalties?
    dear dear dear of course we can weve done it before
    Track rules

david

Quote Originally Posted by NotIntaFells View Post
    The Rovers eh? I used to stand in the Cowsheds cheering them on when I was a lad!
    I used to stand on the open terracing at the opposite end in the days when Johnny King was a player and not the name of a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I used to stand on the open terracing at the opposite end in the days when Johnny King was a player and not the name of a stand.
    Those were the days...or so I'm told anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by NotIntaFells View Post
    The Rovers eh? I used to stand in the Cowsheds cheering them on when I was a lad! I watched Wigan Athletic's first ever game as a League club at Prenton Park, the same day Pope Paul VI died - Pub quiz question - name the year and the team they replaced!!!!!
    1978. Think it was Southport, though Workington went in the 70's didn't they? But was it Wimbledon who replaced them?
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

Quote Originally Posted by fellhell View Post
    1978. Think it was Southport, though Workington went in the 70's didn't they? But was it Wimbledon who replaced them?
    Those were the days when teams were voted into the league. A trip to York for me tomorrow to watch Morecambe in the Conference play off first leg. Then a trip to Wembley on May 20th for the final if we get through.

Quote Originally Posted by fellhell View Post
    Those were the days...or so I'm told anyway!
    Well done FellHell - Wigan replaced Southport in 1978. Wimbledon replaced Workington in 1977. Interestingly (?) Tranmere had to seek re-election in the 1980's one year!
    Another fact I read once was that when Workington entered the league in 1951, it was at the expense of my true home town... New Brighton!
    You'll never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    A trip to York for me tomorrow to watch Morecambe in the Conference play off first leg. Then a trip to Wembley on May 20th for the final if we get through.
    I am also planning a trip to Wembley on the 20th May, but i don't think we will both be going. Good luck tomorrow. Hope your lot play well, and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ricepudding View Post
    I am also planning a trip to Wembley on the 20th May, but i don't think we will both be going. Good luck tomorrow. Hope your lot play well, and lose.
    Looks like 1000+ heading over from Morecambe this afternoon. Should be a good atmosphere. Glad the weather looks OK so no chance of getting piss wet through with no roof on the away end.

Are you coming to the seaside on Monday for the 2nd leg? I see York sold their allocation of 1200 in 4 hours.

Dont panic too much Morecambe have a record of playing well and losing in the play offs. Lost in extra time to Hereford last year and on pens to Dagenham 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Are you coming to the seaside on Monday for the 2nd leg? I see York sold their allocation of 1200 in 4 hours.
    Bad planning means I'll miss both legs. But think the second leg might be on TV. Will any pubs be showing it though?