Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hose-pipe ban

Super Moderator

Hose-pipe ban

Not sure if its Dave or Cleggie's job or somebody else's but it needs lifting. Done nothing but rain wherever I've been since Friday tea. I feel like that lad in Peanuts with the cloud round my head
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Re: Hose-pipe ban

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Not sure if its Dave or Cleggie's job or somebody else's but it needs lifting. Done nothing but rain wherever I've been since Friday tea. I feel like that lad in Peanuts with the cloud round my head
    Is it because you lied when you were seventeen?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwh3FmpZ7kg
    Hills and Guinness!

The hosepipe ban came in here at 6.00am last Friday but as i dont buy a newspaper and watch little TV i didnt know about until Monday so was merrily watering away in the garden. Apparantly i could have been fined up to £1,000

Check who you pay your bills to. According to local papers and United Utilities website we're affected by the ban but we're actually supplied by Severn Trent. Only United Utilities customers are affected. I rang them and checked.

The Leeds - Liverpool canal is closed as well between Wigan and Gargrave :thunbdown: No filling it up with a hose pipe then! Maybe if you go and stand near the highest point DT, it will fill up?

Super Moderator

Don't worry OHW, its pissisting it down again here. Canal will be full again by the weekend I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Don't worry OHW, its pissisting it down again here. Canal will be full again by the weekend I reckon
    Hopefully. British Waterways have said that it's closed until the situation improves so fingers crossed it's not long. Doesn't really affect us toooooo much as we don't have to go through the locks on our stretch unless we want to take the boat down to Skipton.

Super Moderator

If you can sail to the Narrowboat in Skipton you'll be fine OH!

Weather update - its turned to hail. Did I nod off and wake up in November!

I've gone green with envy...not only are you in my dream land but you have a canal boat too? Do you live on it?

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Hopefully. British Waterways have said that it's closed until the situation improves so fingers crossed it's not long. Doesn't really affect us toooooo much as we don't have to go through the locks on our stretch unless we want to take the boat down to Skipton.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    I've gone green with envy...not only are you in my dream land but you have a canal boat too? Do you live on it?

Stef
    Sadly Stef I don't get to spend anywhere near enough time on it and no we don't live on it It is my dad's boat actually, but as his daughter, and as he is away for 6 months every year leaving me to look after it, I claim half ownership by default :wink: It is in a truly beautiful spot just up from Gargrave :thumbup: Lovely and cosy with the wood burner going in winter and fantastic sitting out on the deck in the evening in Summer til late drinking wine.

Oh i want to be there now :closed: