Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beetroot juice

Master

Re: Beetroot juice

Even cold from the fridge it is a bit dodgy - I still get a degree of nausea - but I am willing to persist with it and may try some taste disguising additives. Interesting that it helps Raynaud's - it should if the nitrate story is true.

Stick to the beetroots! Boil them in ther skins until they're not quite cooked - peel them and then roast them in garlicky olive oil - great with fish , chips and mushy peas!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Stick to the beetroots! Boil them in ther skins until they're not quite cooked - peel them and then roast them in garlicky olive oil - great with fish , chips and mushy peas!
    Sounds great but - every day?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Master

11th day of this - 250 mls a day - no obvious improvement in my stamina. Interesting that to get the lurid pink effect I have to run as well - there is no change in colour on rest days - and even on days when I run there is only a colour change after the run.

Where are you guys buying your Beetroot juice from? I haven't noticed it in any supermarkets.

Our local Morrisons and Tesco sell it, as does the local deli and garden center bizarrely. If it isn't in your local shops you can get it on line, the brand is Beet-It.

I'm convinced it works and the science seems to back it up. I even quit like it now.

Morrissons, Merrion Centre, Leeds has it on offer - 2 litres for £5. Usually it costs £2.98 for 1 litre.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

be careful if you're thinking of taking it regularily in large amounts as it puts stress on the kidneys because of the nitrate loading, apparently

the protocol that was advised to me was just take Beet Shots prior to racing, so it enhances the amount of work one can perform for a given effort...plenty of people have been using it for the last 18 months or so....it's one of British Cyclings legal drugs

8 litres of the bloody stuff has landed on my doorstep today, it's gotta beet smoking though!
    Hills and Guinness!

I tend to find that running more gets you fitter and stronger,and of course it's a well known fact that Timothy Taylors Landlord is the finest sports nutrition supplement on sale :wink: