Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 bare-grip 200 review

Re: Inov-8 bare-grip 200 revie

Well, its taken less than 200km, (yes, I sat down and geeked out over Garmin and Suunto tracks to work it out), and the soles are still amazing, but the uppers of my Baregrips are shredded.

http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....destroyed.html

I suppose I'd better burn them then.

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    Well, its taken less than 200km, (yes, I sat down and geeked out over Garmin and Suunto tracks to work it out), and the soles are still amazing, but the uppers of my Baregrips are shredded.

http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....destroyed.html

I suppose I'd better burn them then.
    Similar.. think I got less than 100 miles before they fell apart, Ras Yr Aran finally killed them.. 150k max. Any rock just murdered them, so not great for snowdonia.

Yeah, used them in the Peak district. Fantastic for peat bogs and springy turf, but not for big arse rocks.

Mine had ripped in the usual place on the inside of the foot on both and was about to shell out big money on the old favourite X talons until I discovered Black Witch awesome stuff I repaired my shredded baregrips on Fri night and did Anniversary Watlz in them no problem on the Sat. Ermm £85 or £5.95 now let me think........
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

I have a dliemma. I love these shoes. They are really comfortable. it's like not wearing shoes at all but with a really good grip. Almost if not as good as a mudclaw but ........ as everybody is saying they fall apart. Mine had a hole in on their second outing which was last years Yr Aran if I recall, IanR. So now I can only wear them if I am absolutely sure the course is just grass or mud - which means I hardly ever wear them. But I must look up this black witch but suspect if I just google 'black witch' I might have to do some wading through. What is it?

Thats the stuff seems the review has missed out suitable for ripped fell shoes.

The Bare Grips I had ripped in the place described after less than 100miles too; working out at about 80p per mile! I sent mine back to Wiggle and they exchanged them no probs but looks like I'll have to get the Witch ready. I let Inov-8 know too and sent them photos, but sounds like they are aware of this design flaw and have not acted on it...
    It's a pity as it is a unique fell-running shoe and perfect for barefoot runners like me who can't wear any shoes with a drop due to planar fascia problems.
    Sort it out Inov-8!

Quote Originally Posted by paul_ View Post
    The Bare Grips I had ripped in the place described after less than 100miles too; working out at about 80p per mile! I sent mine back to Wiggle and they exchanged them no probs but looks like I'll have to get the Witch ready. I let Inov-8 know too and sent them photos, but sounds like they are aware of this design flaw and have not acted on it...
    It's a pity as it is a unique fell-running shoe and perfect for barefoot runners like me who can't wear any shoes with a drop due to planar fascia problems.
    Sort it out Inov-8!
    I'm pretty sure there's a new model that's being tested with a toughened upper in the areas where the current lot are prone to splitting.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a new model that's being tested with a toughened upper in the areas where the current lot are prone to splitting.
    Wheres Innov-8 insider when you need them. That sounds great if there is to be a toughened shoe. isuspect by the time they are on sale i may be running in shoes wholly crafted from black Witch