Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsay Round attempt

Ramsay Round attempt

A friend of a friend of a friend, Rhonda Claridge is planning on attempting the Ramsay Round on either 6/7 August or 13/14 August. She is from the USA and has successfully completed both Hardrock 100 and Wasatch 100.

Given her times at these events she has a reasonable chance of being successful given a bit of good weather and a couple of solid pacers.

Is anyone interested in/available to help. As far as I know, no American has completed any of our big rounds so it would be a bit of a first.

If you fancy a midgy wet weekend (I sell it well dont I) let me know on here or get in touch directly.

Mark Hartell

Re: Ramsay Round attempt

Quote Originally Posted by runningmanuk View Post
    A friend of a friend of a friend, Rhonda Claridge is planning on attempting the Ramsay Round on either 6/7 August or 13/14 August. She is from the USA and has successfully completed both Hardrock 100 and Wasatch 100.

Given her times at these events she has a reasonable chance of being successful given a bit of good weather and a couple of solid pacers.

Is anyone interested in/available to help. As far as I know, no American has completed any of our big rounds so it would be a bit of a first.

If you fancy a midgy wet weekend (I sell it well dont I) let me know on here or get in touch directly.

Mark Hartell
    We do have an American lady having a tilt at the BG, this coming w/e ... 23rd/24th:wink:
    Ian.

Interesting!! - tell me more!!

Sorry can't help out Mark as working both weekends.

Hope the weather is a bit better than its been the last few weeks, wish Rhonda good luck.
    Bill

Interesting!! - tell me more!!
    That would be me...I've just been naturalised though

Is anyone interested in/available to help.
    Might be. Can't do 6/7 August, but possibly 13/14 (these dates are both Friday/Saturday combos?).

Just to introduce myself to those who don't know me (most of you here?), I'm a Lochaber resident and have a fair idea what's involved!

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post
    Might be. Can't do 6/7 August, but possibly 13/14 (these dates are both Friday/Saturday combos?).

Just to introduce myself to those who don't know me (most of you here?), I'm a Lochaber resident and have a fair idea what's involved!
    Hi Pete,

I just signed on to the site so don't know if I'm responding properly (didn't read any directions, naturally). I'm Rhonda, hoping to do Ramsay's and looking for pacers. It doesn't have to be any set date, just between the 6th and 13th of August, ideally earlier than later. Whenever the weather is best. I won't have much time to scout the route, so going with locals would be my best bet (I'll have a GPS too.)

If you're keen, does that mean you could pace? When would be the best start dates for you? Do you know John Hepburn of Lochaber AC? He said he might be able to help too. How do I contact you locally? Are the route mountains closed on any specific days because of stalking?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post

Hi Pete,

I just signed on to the site so don't know if I'm responding properly (didn't read any directions, naturally). I'm Rhonda, hoping to do Ramsay's and looking for pacers. It doesn't have to be any set date, just between the 6th and 13th of August, ideally earlier than later. Whenever the weather is best. I won't have much time to scout the route, so going with locals would be my best bet (I'll have a GPS too.)

If you're keen, does that mean you could pace? When would be the best start dates for you? Do you know John Hepburn of Lochaber AC? He said he might be able to help too. How do I contact you locally? Are the route mountains closed on any specific days because of stalking?

Cheers,

Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by thehut View Post
    That would be me...I've just been naturalised though
    Hi,

Cheers,

Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Sorry can't help out Mark as working both weekends.

Hope the weather is a bit better than its been the last few weeks, wish Rhonda good luck.
    Hi Bill,

Cheers,

Rhonda