Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramsay Round attempt

Re: Ramsay Round attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Claridge View Post
    Hi Pete
    Hi Rhonda

I just signed on to the site so don't know if I'm responding properly (didn't read any directions, naturally).
    I'm new here myself, but it looks like you've responded multiple times!

If you're keen, does that mean you could pace? When would be the best start dates for you?
    It's possible. I'm a school teacher and don't go back to work till 16 August, but I've got my mum coming (going to take her up Ben Nevis!) from 3rd to 6th, crewing for a mate's Devil o' the Highlands on 7th and haven't actually had a 'holiday' yet because my holiday so far has been dominated by own Ramsay's...

Do you know John Hepburn of Lochaber AC? He said he might be able to help too. How do I contact you locally? Are the route mountains closed on any specific days because of stalking?
    Yes, I know John. He's a clubmate and significantly quicker runner than me. Not aware of any stalking problems on these hills despite us technically being into the season, but sticking to ridges and recognised access routes is usually OK with most estates even when it's taking place and there's no stalking on Sundays anyway. Think the whole of the Ramsay's route falls into just two estates (possibly three), but hillphones should give you what you need there. Re. contact details, email me at [email protected] and I'll give you my phone numbers.

So, to summarise (?), might be able to help but can't commit all possible dates in advance.

Cheers
    P

Re: Ramsay Round attempt

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post
    Not aware of any stalking problems on these hills despite us technically being into the season, but sticking to ridges and recognised access routes is usually OK with most estates even when it's taking place and there's no stalking on Sundays anyway. Think the whole of the Ramsay's route falls into just two estates (possibly three), but hillphones should give you what you need there.
    Just realised that the new 1:40,000 Harvey/BMC/MCofS map gives the necessary Hillphones info...

• Grey Corries/Mamores Hillphone 01397 732362
    • Corrour Hillphone 01397 732343

(Recorded messages updated by 8:00am each day and calls charged at normal rates. There's also a sketch map showing no stalking west of a line basically running from the Aonachs to Binnein Beag and Sgurr Eilde Mor.)

PS Map as shown here: http://www.snh.org.uk/hillphones/map....asp?AreaID=14. But the Corrour area/phone (covering the area south and east of Loch Treig) doesn't seem to be on the site.
    Last edited by petestack; 30-07-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Added postscript.