Thread: Retiring after three years

Retiring after three years

Hi

I am hanging up my Junior Coordinator hat at the next AGM.

I hope I have made a reasonable fist of the job, but have several other things that I would like to put my efforts into.

The post is now much more of a Coordinator role than it was when I first started, as there is a Junior Committee who take on many of the tasks for me - for which I am eternally grateful.

There is one very keen and capable replacement waiting in the wings. I will remain on the Junior Committee, if that is what people would like, at least for a year or so.

Thanks for your support over the last three years.

Master

Re: Retiring after three years

Cheers Lecky
    Great job...definately stick around on the commitee, experience counts for a lot
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post
    Hi

I hope I have made a reasonable fist of the job, but have several other things that I would like to put my efforts into.

The post is now much more of a Coordinator role than it was when I first started, as there is a Junior Committee who take on many of the tasks for me - for which I am eternally grateful.

There is one very keen and capable replacement waiting in the wings. I will remain on the Junior Committee, if that is what people would like, at least for a year or so.

I want to place on record the thanks of the FRA Committee for the work you have done over the past three years. You have approached the role with real enthusiasm and have introduced significant initiatives. Whoever succeeds you will taking over from a good strong base and it is heartening that you are happy to continue to be involved with junior fellrunning for another year at a different level. Fellrunners often talk about how important the juniors are to the future of fellrunning but what really makes a difference is when someone like Lecky comes along to actually work at turning noble sentiments into action.

The FRA Committee is, and all fellrunners should be, in Lecky's debt.

GB
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post
    Hi

Just want to echo the same sentiment. Ignoring the one or two avid critics of junior fellrunning I think you have put it in a greta place.
    Intrigued with whats in the wings though. Any clues?
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"