Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wainwright C2C Record

Re: Wainwright C2C Record

Thanks for the advice - have ordered some books and look forward to learning as much as possible. Not sure whether I am being overly ambitious but if you dont try you'll never know!

Good Luck with this mate. I'm thinking of running it in 2010, not planning on breaking any records just a long long run. If you want company/ support from richmond to the coast, message me.Only too willing to help if i can.

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated - I may take you up on it. I'm doing the Penine 100 in June and then depending on recover will aim to do the C2C maybe early september but will decide after the P100

Thanks a lot Danbert and Lightweightmick. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it. Hopefully it came across that I really enjoyed running it. I'd love to have a bash at attempting it in one go, but no plans as yet (banned by the wife from even thinking about it!!!)

Andydubois, are you planning to do this unsupported (bonkers) or with a support crew (not quite so bonkers)?
    After having run it in seven consecutive bite sized chunks I think 48 hours would be a mighty fine target for a non-stop bash.

I think having someone with you who knew the route and could guide you so you didn't have to think about navigation would be invaluable, especially through the dark.

Are you planning to follow Wainwright's 'route' exactly, or just base yours around it?
    Cheers.

I'm not quite so bonkers as to try it unsupported. Having some support who actually new parts of the route would be great and if any one wanted to run a section or two with me they'd be more than welcome.

As far as the route goes I'm not sure what route the other two Mikes took - whether they stuck exactly to Wainwrights or not. At this stage I'd like to stick as close as possible to Wainwrights route but depending on the weather and conditions may have to make slight alterations.

Just finished reading your book Matt - certainly got me inspired.

I dont know the trail at all and wont have a chance to check it out before hand so will be pouring over maps and no doubt re -reading sections of your book for info on what to look out for.

Might sound mad not checking it out before hand but I like the adventure of not knowing what is coming up - the whole thing becomes a journey of discovery rather than a race against the clock over a known course. Obviously I will lose some time navigating but so be it. Besides that I dont really have an option as wont be able to spare a week to recce it anyway.

Will be trying to raise some money for charity along the way - figured if anyone was ever going to give you money for charity they'd give it to you for attempting a 190mile run so may as well make the most of the opportunity.

I have to say I quite agree with your philosophy Andydubois. A good recce might have it's advantages, but where would life be without leaving things to serendipity and a bit more adventure. Go for it.