Thread: Inov-8 f-lite 195

Inov-8 f-lite 195

Have had a pair of these for a month or so now... plenty of miles done including a 65km/4000m race in the French Alps. Very impressed... see my blog for a full review

http://www.nikalascook.com/www.nikal...-lite_195.html

Re: Inov-8 f-lite 195

I'd like to visit your blog, but these links aren't working for me.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Banned

Try HERE

Excellent summary Nikalas. Thats exactly how my legs and feet felt after running the Lakeland 50 last weekend in my x-talons. Completely blister free and that aching feeling like you know you've done something

I've used the f-lite230 for the 3 peaks (I'm guessing that the f-lite 195 is an evolution of the 230) and can concur that they are extremely easy on the feet; no blisters or sore feet. They do require that you are a fairly consistent forefoot runner (as all minimal shoes will) but the reward is a shoe that feels like wearing slippers but grips superbly on rock and trail (they even do well on wet slabbed footpaths where mudclaws would have you on your @rse!).

I use them for all my road training too and they work as a sock-free speedlaced shoe for triathlon (at least up to 10K, i've always chickened out and used socks for anything longer)

I only wish they'd kept the stealthy black 230PK version going as well, because they are very comfortable casual shoes, but a bit too bright to wear to work!

Any clues as to when we might be able to actually buy the 195?

I'm sure Inov-8 Insider said late July!
    Last edited by AndyA; 07-08-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Banned

The F-Lite 195 is now available from all good running stores.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    I've used the f-lite230 for the 3 peaks (I'm guessing that the f-lite 195 is an evolution of the 230) and can concur that they are extremely easy on the feet; no blisters or sore feet. They do require that you are a fairly consistent forefoot runner (as all minimal shoes will) but the reward is a shoe that feels like wearing slippers but grips superbly on rock and trail (they even do well on wet slabbed footpaths where mudclaws would have you on your @rse!).

I use them for all my road training too and they work as a sock-free speedlaced shoe for triathlon (at least up to 10K, i've always chickened out and used socks for anything longer)

I only wish they'd kept the stealthy black 230PK version going as well, because they are very comfortable casual shoes, but a bit too bright to wear to work!

Any clues as to when we might be able to actually buy the 195?

I'm sure Inov-8 Insider said late July!

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    My mistake; I was assuming that it would be appearing on the Inov-8 website if they were thinking of actually selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    So what is the fit like for the F-lite 195 compared to the Flite 230; and same question for the new Xtalon versus the old Xtalon 212 ?
    Need to know what to order when they are available where I shop (online).
    thanks

Picking a pair of these up next pay day

dogrunner: I can't comment on the fit of the f-lites but regarding the x-talons I would say you will be pretty safe switching beteen the old 212s and the new 190s - the only real difference I think is they have a slightly snugger fit in the heel, and a little softer around the achilles, much like the f-lite 230s really, I'm very pleased with both. Additionally, I find the 190s have a much better lace-up and I can get a much better fit (though the old 212s I had only had the four lace loops).