Thread: Help on offer...

Smile Help on offer...

As a result of being in the early stages of planning my own BG attempt and after reading the "can i be of service" thread I would like to offer my help to anyone who is currently going through the long phase of training/recce runs and also look at supporting other attempts prior to my own. Obviously starting with the recce runs with the aim of supporting once capable of doing so effectively.

As briefly mentioned in another thread, my running is strong and my nav is pretty good. I have done most of my running on and around the south downs so I don't have much hands on experience on the fells but am more than willing to travel up and get my trainers dirty!

So anyone at all who is looking for any help at all, even just a running partner for the long weekend runs along th sections of the route then please drop me a message.

weeman

Re: Help on offer...

HI, i am booked to undertake BGR on Sept 25th. Training weekend this weekend doing 2+3 then 4+5. will be more one more training weekend other runners welcome to come along and or be a standby as my route 4 pacer having a wobble.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    HI, i am booked to undertake BGR on Sept 25th. Training weekend this weekend doing 2+3 then 4+5. will be more one more training weekend other runners welcome to come along and or be a standby as my route 4 pacer having a wobble.

Steve
    Hi
    I'm also committed to a round that weekend - out of interest what time are you setting off & in which direction?
    Dave

weeman

Hi Dave

Clockwise. the plan is for an 02:00hrs start and an 01:59 finish. And you?

Hi both,

I am planning to have another crack on the BGR on the 18th September (CW starting 3ish), posted a 25 hr round in May with many glitches and poor weather for first 10 hrs. Haven't got my full support team in place yet - I hope to be quite a bit quicker than last time though am becomming increasingly naffed off with a knee problem - seems to be a bit of an ITB variant. Anyhow I am hoping to get up to the Lakes on Bank Holiday Monday to run sections 1 and 2, and will be experimenting with pain management options (drugs) - if things dont pick up shortly - I will probably need to reschedule my attempt.

Cheers,

weeman

Quote Originally Posted by simon cox View Post
    Hi both,

I am planning to have another crack on the BGR on the 18th September (CW starting 3ish), posted a 25 hr round in May with many glitches and poor weather for first 10 hrs. Haven't got my full support team in place yet - I hope to be quite a bit quicker than last time though am becomming increasingly naffed off with a knee problem - seems to be a bit of an ITB variant. Anyhow I am hoping to get up to the Lakes on Bank Holiday Monday to run sections 1 and 2, and will be experimenting with pain management options (drugs) - if things dont pick up shortly - I will probably need to reschedule my attempt.

Cheers,
    advice on the pain management front from someone who knows. at all costs avoid any prescription or over the counter prodcut which includes Codeine (things like co codamol). a powerful and effectiver painkiller which effectively prevents the bowel from processing food and liquid. you will quickly dehydrate and bloat on the food......you have been warned.

the same applies to ibruprofen but to a lesser extent and so should be avoided.

It leaves you with nothing better than over the counter paracetemol. speak to your GP/nurse and they will give you a higher doseage limit that the one on the side of the over the counter. it would not be responsible for me to divulge my one on here as it is personal to me but is significantly higher.