Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inov8 Roclite 190 a review

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Inov8 Roclite 190 a review

Bought some of these as an impulse buy - what a con, a cheap sandal rip off for (if you pay full price) a premium amount.

It reminds me of the jam pasties you can buy in bakers using the scrag end of the pastry and cheap jam, but sold at a similar price and alongside their premium cakes and breads. Its all very well wanting to try to do leisure shoes like Walsh but honestly c'mon inov you can do much better than this.

Luckily mine were heavily discounted because this shop could not sell them, mine are on their way back to the shop.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Banned

Re: Inov8 Roclite 190 a review

Thanks for your review.:wink:
    Here is another HERE
    You Tube Star http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyMw...ature=related;)
    Last edited by Inov-8 Insider; 07-08-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inov-8 Insider View Post
    Thanks for your review.:wink:
    Here is another HERE
    You Tube Star http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsyMw...ature=related;)
    ah but I am truly independent and impartial not an employee.

I admit I was bit tongue in cheek but given your other products this is quite poor - don't you think.

Knowing how anti Inov8 Antisocial is I'm amazed he even picked up a pair of their shoes. I think he may be a closset fan ?

How very dare you, I resent that remark:wink: - I am as open minded as they come as far as invov's are concerned. I just say what I think based on experience.

Flyrocs - fantastic
    330's and 285's - very good but wear out/break quickly and high cost for use
    315's - ok ish not as good as mizuno wave harriers or indeed Nike Red Rocks (which inov do not have a shoe half as good for what they are for and they cost - if they produce a shoe nearly as good that is ethical I will be first in the queue)
    X talons - can't wear them, exacerbate my injuries
    190's - rubbishes inovs insiders claims that they are passionate about shoes and not in it for the money.
    The remaining 1,986 models (about 3 different soles and 5 uppers in different designs and colours) - why, they are like bicycle gearing do not several combinations repeat

My comments about Inov (that are my opinion- as a non employee- based on shoes I have paid for) on this forum are purely coloured by the blatant whoring of their products by their paid salesman who seems unable to give impartial answers and his minions - who appear to be accomplished runners with advanced journalistic skills and who seem to mysteriously get hold of free models prior to them being marketed in the shops and whose reviews are always glowing and peppered with technical spec.

This is especially perplexing especially that no evidence has ever been presented that they improve performance despite insiders claims (and then humiliating climb down, that he doesn't understand the technology and is just a humble runner) I'd love to hear his sales pitch to new shops etc, bet he knows all about the "technology" then hmmmm

At least people are realising he has no credibility due to his continual about turns and contradictions and he has more likely done inov more harm than good :w00t:

I came into fell running just after inov launched and they were my shoe of choice from the start, now I am looking around I am coming to the conclusion that though some models are good, there are other shoes that are as good or better and suit me (and possibly you those people who have only worn inov) inov insider is right choice is good if you have only worn inov try something else next time (it will also most likely be cheaper).

Rant over feel much better off for a Xcross ride
    Last edited by Antisocial; 08-08-2010 at 01:59 PM.

I think you mean Recolite 190 AS..... I like my pair and, before the summer went tits up, they were barely off my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    I think you mean Recolite 190 AS..... I like my pair and, before the summer went tits up, they were barely off my feet.
    possibly

Can't see what they have to offer that cheaper options don't though. One of the selling points in the videos inov have promoting them is the amount of holes, surely that then means less materials and less cost?
    Last edited by Antisocial; 09-08-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    One of the selling points in the videos inov have promoting them is the amount of holes, surely that then means less materials and less cost?
    Yes, but it's where they put the holes and how they make sure they don't tear.

I'm currently reviewing a pair of inov-8s that have no sole whatsoever and only a minimal top that is held in place using revolutionary clear adhesive strips. This is the ultimate in "allowing the foot to operate in a more natural dimension than many highly cushioned, supportive and controlling designs". They have many advantages, including lack of wear, increased breathability, freedom of movement, etc. They are the next step for those who feel encumbered by the previous generation of so-called "barefoot" shoes.

This is obviously top secret, so don't tell anyone other than those who read it on here. I think they are going to retail at about £70.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post

I'm currently reviewing a pair of inov-8s that have no sole whatsoever and only a minimal top that is held in place using revolutionary clear adhesive strips. This is the ultimate in "allowing the foot to operate in a more natural dimension than many highly cushioned, supportive and controlling designs". They have many advantages, including lack of wear, increased breathability, freedom of movement, etc. They are the next step for those who feel encumbered by the previous generation of so-called "barefoot" shoes.

This is obviously top secret, so don't tell anyone other than those who read it on here. I think they are going to retail at about £70.
    Noel you little tinker you know you weren't meant to say anything just yet
    All I can say about it is the toes will come in various shades

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post

As you seem a fairly straight forward a person I trust we will get an honest review including any downsides, improvements needed, such as a nail varnish protector etc
    Last edited by Antisocial; 09-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.