Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inov8 packs - any info?

Re: Inov8 packs - any info?

I was selling military camelbaks years ago, and what we found is that once the bladder is full, turn it upsidedown, and suck the air out of it, this prevents any sloshing around, saves having to put baffles in it, thus saving wieght....i have been doing this eversince, and thought it was common practice.....

managed to get hold of a racepro 4 (4 ltr bumbag) will let you know after 2mozs monrning run whats it like

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    managed to get hold of a racepro 4 (4 ltr bumbag) will let you know after 2mozs monrning run whats it like
    Where did you get it from?

used pack this morning (4ltr one without hydration bladder). was very impressed. have always found PB bag use to bulk and the contents get pushed down and karrimor raid was ok, but if needed anything quick like food had to fiddle with hands behind back or twist it round.

found it stable and comfortable, once on didnt need adjusting again, interesting compression system, bungee thing on back which doubles as means to stuff shirt etc in it but also tightens pack

2 small zip pockets on L and R for small things such as food etc

no hydration pack in it so cant comment on that

buckle fastens to left hand side which is interesting and waterproof zips.

fancy pack that seems practical as well, good stuff from inov8

down side, expensive compared to pb (£25 i think) and there is no external fill or access for bladder, you have to unzip pack and access through main compartment, i think it could have benfited form being able to access bladder from back of pack so dont have to get all kit out and put back or a external fill system like north face/camalbaks

would recommend one though, hopefully if its like my pb bag it will last for years and get used regularly (although not regularly enough at moment!!)

Graham from Inov8 has sent me the pdf of the brochure thing that will be attatched to the packs when they hit the shelves - very helpful to see things more closely. The range does look quite interesting, the hip belts on the bumbags sound like a good idea and the bigger packs look to have some good features. No firm date for their arrival (ie before the LAMM?)

I'm sure he wouldn't mind me passing the file on to anyone else interested - drop me a line if so.

HTH

Ben B

there out at end of may i think

Just used the big one the 30 at the AR world champs. Did not get the full work out it deserved due to some bad luck and lack of kayaking skill....

Was well impressed with the sack, two side mesh pockets were realy good, could put in far more than expected, eg a bottle along with the bulcky satilite tracking device we had to carry and stuf stayed in them well while still being accesible. Belt pockets were good and big enough, one waterproof one mesh so you could use them in a sencible manner if you had different stuff to stach. One mesh pocket in lid and also a waterproof pocket in lid. Only real issue was the bungy strapping which i think could do with twomextra tie down points. Don't know about the cost as a freebi but one I will be getting some use out of.

Ifor

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar
    Last edited by (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner; 23-06-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    found it stable and comfortable, once on didnt need adjusting again, interesting compression system, bungee thing on back which doubles as means to stuff shirt etc in it but also tightens pack
    Does it have side compression straps like the PB bag? I would have thought that the bungee system wouldn't tighten it enough? The smaller Bumbag looks as if it has no compression system at all?

A non-compressable bumbag is not that useful for fell running.

Has anyone tried the bladder in this bag yet?

no, it doesnt have side straps on, the bungee pulls fairly tight, BUT not tight enough in my opinion, the pack is best full, then the bungee can take the slack up, but with it being summer, i carry less (unless racing of course) so it is a bit lose.

I didnt bother getting their fancy designed bladder, i just used a platypus 2 lt, folded it abt 3/4 of the way along, taped it with gaffer tape and stuck it in pouch in bag, saved myself 15 quid and it worked fine, packs better with a bit more weight in it

its good, worth 25 quid, not sure, for winter probally so, ive emailed inov8 as i think the bunge needs attaching in more\places to compress it better, will have to get my missus to get needle and thread out to stich on another attachment loop, which should do trick