Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Collie Pup

Border Collie Pup

I have 1 remaining border collie pup (bitch) for sale.. she is mostly white with a bit of black on her face and back.

She is looking for a new home and is ready to go on the 21st August.

£300 with a deposit required

07791 175 206 or PM me

Thanks Phil
    Unless I puke, faint or die.. I will keep going

Re: Borber Collie Pup

Hi I'm guessing at that price she's registered?

no she's not KC registered.. KC registered pups are bringing £500

I would advise no one to buy this puppy. Every single person who buys a pup from a breeder contributes to the death of thousands of healthy dogs by pushing market forces in the direction of more dogs. We already have an excess running into the hundreds of thousands in the UK, and three times that number in the Republic of Ireland. I've heard 15 years of rationalisations for breeding and buying puppies, and never once a reason that couldn't be countered by re-homing one of the many surplus. Those of you reading this who breed and buy puppies, spare a thought for the people who pick up the pieces of the situation you create- giving lethal injections to healthy dogs, bagging them up and incinerating them, or watching them imprisoned in cells for life because the 'animal-loving' public doesn't like rescue centres who have a destruction policy.

Totally agree with Longdogs. Stay well clear. Unregistered dog - no Health tests, Hip scores, Eye tests, no knowledge of blood lines or health issues. I take it as a "breeder" you issue a contract and will always take back the Pup if it ever becomes unwanted to your home and look after it for it's entire life as that is what GOOD BREEDERS do? Your pup has no proven Work or Showing abilities i guess, so why breed? Well cos you think it's a good way of making a bit of cash. Far too many dogs in rescue centres because of people like you. "Breeders" have a waiting list for their pups with homes lined up before the pups are even born. Makes me so mad!

I will try and give you a good reason why I didn't get a rescue dog. My wife and I wanted to get a dog from our local rescue centre. We were told we wouldn't be allowed one as there would be nobody at home full time with the dog, we tried to explain that the dog would be on it's own for more than four or five hours at the very most as my mum would have it in the afternoon, every day.
    I do agree however that puppy farming is a despicable way of earning money, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Breeders" as there are a number of websites out there for people who want to buy pups and they are readily available from working and show stock.
    Last edited by Graeme78; 09-08-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Breed rescues tend to have quite a good understanding of what sort of homes to place dogs in and can be more "lenient" with their placements. They often have more time to come out Homecheck and actually speak with you and get to know how a dog they placed with you would fit in with your lifestyle and work. Most people who do the homechecks are volunteers and want what is best for their fave breed of dog. Yes you may have to travel a long way - we live in Accrington and had to collect our rescue girl from Bristol so maybe particular breed rescue would work better than a local rescue?

Think you should all get off your high horses. dont tar everyone with the same brush...we are not breeders nor do we contribute to the deaths of thousands of dogs..

All our pups come from show dogs, just because they are not registered does not mean that they are not worthy.

think you should all take a breath and preach else where..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vburke View Post
    Totally agree with Longdogs. Stay well clear. Unregistered dog - no Health tests, Hip scores, Eye tests, no knowledge of blood lines or health issues. I take it as a "breeder" you issue a contract and will always take back the Pup if it ever becomes unwanted to your home and look after it for it's entire life as that is what GOOD BREEDERS do? Your pup has no proven Work or Showing abilities i guess, so why breed? Well cos you think it's a good way of making a bit of cash. Far too many dogs in rescue centres because of people like you. "Breeders" have a waiting list for their pups with homes lined up before the pups are even born. Makes me so mad!
    Actually that isn't true for everyone. My old bitch may not be from a registered line but I can trace her family back generations. I had 3 litters out of her & bar one pup I'm still in contact with every one. She was from a good working strain but looked more a house dog when we went to view her. I bred her because she has a wonderful temperment & I chose a good working dog for her to go with. All my pups had checks & I offered to take a pups back should circumstances change. I only had to do this once & rehomed him at 7 months. With being intouch with the new owners I know her line hasn't shown any eye or hip problems I many have proven themselves as working dogs. However saying all that I do understand that there are many out there not as careful as me & there poor pups end up in rescue before their a year old. Oh & I didn't charge £300 for mine either.

Master and MR

Longdogs I hear what your saying but whilst ever there are dogs, humans will buy them. And that means they will always try and take the cheaper or easier option. It's a catch 22 scenario. I would never buy a dog from a breeder personally. I took over 2 years of deciding on a border collie and eventually got one from border collie uk trust. He was 15months old and as the farmer said to the rescue people he doesn't have any herding in him so he was going to shoot him.

Who do you blame, the breeders who have bred border collies to try and be a breed that they are not, or the farmer who just blatantly was going to dispose of him.
    2 years on and badger runs with me most days and is a massive part of my life.
    I urge people to support there local rescue centres. I'm not blaming anyone for the problems we have with to many dogs.

My advice is do not have a border collie unless you have time to give lots and lots of excercise and stimulation.