Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walsh PB extremes

Walsh PB extremes

Having taken my old PB extremes that I seriously abused into Pete Blands and getting told that resoles were no longer possible I bought a new pair with the padded yellow tongue etc.

Having used them a while training and on a few fell races i've got to say I'm not as impressed as I was with the original PB extremes. The shoe feels much wider and the contouring is just not as tight or as crisp as I would like even with the shoe on tight. The rest of the time the shoes feel ok and i'm happier with them.

Does anyone know if the last has changed between the two models? Anybody used both shoes and can comment?

Can anyone recommend me a good lightweight tough shoe thats good for contouring?

Cheers

Mr Ed

Re: Walsh PB extremes

Its all a personal thing with everyones feet being different, but my recommendation would be Mudclaw 270
    30 years and still here.

david

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Having used them a while training and on a few fell races i've got to say I'm not as impressed as I was with the original PB extremes. The shoe feels much wider and the contouring is just not as tight or as crisp as I would like even with the shoe on tight.
    They will feel wider because they are made on a wider last:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Bland's web site
    BASED ON A BRAND NEW LAST DEVELOPED WITH A MORE GENEROUS FIT IN MIND TO SUIT RUNNERS WHO REQUIRE EXTRA WIDTH

Did you get the PB extremes or the PB Ultras?

I thought it was just the PB Ultras and the PB Ultra extremes that are built on a wider last?

david

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Did you get the PB extremes or the PB Ultras?

I thought it was just the PB Ultras and the PB Ultra extremes that are built on a wider last?
    It's all too complicated for me. Get some PB Racers or Gladiators.

Not as complicated as all the shoes inov8 are bringing out, there's 100's of them!!!

They're just the new style PB extremes yellow and black. I loved my old pair they were absolutly superb and I have pretty narrow feet anyway and presumed that the last would be the same but it doesn't appear to be the case. It could be a case of ditching them and going for something narrower.

My one time favourite pair of shoes were the racer extremes but they don't do them anymore.

Anyone know if the racer last has changed? Is it still very narrow?

How do the glads compare when contouring?

Master and MR

Having taken my old PB extremes that I seriously abused into Pete Blands and getting told that resoles were no longer possible I bought a new pair with the padded yellow tongue etc.

Having used them a while training and on a few fell races i've got to say I'm not as impressed as I was with the original PB extremes. The shoe feels much wider and the contouring is just not as tight or as crisp as I would like even with the shoe on tight. The rest of the time the shoes feel ok and i'm happier with them.

Does anyone know if the last has changed between the two models? Anybody used both shoes and can comment?

Can anyone recommend me a good lightweight tough shoe thats good for contouring?

Cheers

Mr Ed
    to be fair to walsh there made wider , why didnt you get normal pb extremes
    the main reason i aint tried the ultras is because they are wider which usually results in me not being able to feel my way as much on very technical parts of a run , i can even tell the diffrence between pb racers and pb extremes
    the pb racers are def tops for this
    if you have narrow feet the ultras are not for you, you should have read the description before buyin, but then again ive done it myself so im one to talk

Just to be clear they're not ultras. They're the standard PB extremes as were my old pair!

Should have probably gone for racers or glads though.

Just to be clear they're not ultras. They're the standard PB extremes as were my old pair!

Should have probably gone for racers or glads though.
    Are you sure?