Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'timewasting numpties

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

'timewasting numpties

who come to view your house when its on the market even though they have no money with which to buy it and just fancy a day out'

Stories, comments and rants to make Longdogs get angrier to the point of explosion please
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Re: 'timewasting numpties

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    who come to view your house when its on the market even though they have no money with which to buy it and just fancy a day out'

Stories, comments and rants to make Longdogs get angrier to the point of explosion please
    It's good to see you taking your public service seriously, AS.

It goes the other way as well.

Went to look at a house in around 1990. A nice house, well decorated throughout and price seemed reasonable, so my wife and I decided to proceed. The survey came back - no mortgage offer due to "Roof Thrust".
    In the front bedroom, they had made a "dressing room" which was about 7ft x 4 ft so the door opened inwards and covered the 4ft end wall and hidden behind the door, against the front left hand face of the house was a 3/4 inch crack from ceiling to floor.

The house was on the market at £19500 and the estimated cost of repair was £2000. The sellers wouldn't budge, we withdrew and I gave both seller and estate agent a piece of my mind for not declaring the problem before we (and no doubt many others) paid for a survey done.

I have only sold one house, back in '79, our starter home. I did not use an estate agent but placed it in the hands of a mortgage broker: - No for sale sign, just an advert in the Lancashire Evening Post with a photograph and general location. All interested parties had to apply to the broker who vetted their finances and gave them a 'thumbs up' on a mortgage before sending them round to actually view the property.
    That edition of the newspaper came out at 2.00 pm on the Friday afternoon, by 6.00 pm that evening a sale had been agreed!
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 11-08-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    It's good to see you taking your public service seriously, AS.
    posting on the forum is a serious social responsibility - I try to do my best

I shouldn't complain, i sold my last house in 2 days to the first viewer. We had one viewing last week who asked if they could move in now and pay after Xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    I shouldn't complain, i sold my last house in 2 days to the first viewer. We had one viewing last week who asked if they could move in now and pay after Xmas!
    and you said?

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    6 months free residency, ok'd by the 'owner'. Would that not qualify as squatters rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    and you said?
    Couldn't possibly repeat on a family forum. Then there was the ones who spent 2 days negotiating a price, and a further day making 13 phone calls to the agent, redirected to me, about spurious matters like the dimensions of the airing cupboard, only to decide an hour later that actually, they didn't want a house with a septic tank. They would like to live in the country so their child can have a pony, but please can they have suburban utilities too, all for a give-away price. And then there was this week's special, the ones who argued for a cheap price on the grounds of immediate proceedability, only to reveal that, in fact, the selling of their own property was in fact a myth invented solely inside the contents of their own mind.

When we sold our house a few years back we had a couple view the house, only for them to disclose that he was the brother of the next door neighbour and they had no intention of moving there but were looking at what we had done to the house so he could report back to his brother !!

In case you were wondering why a neighbour had never been invited round to our house - it was because the family was slightly 'different' - pointy head inbreds and not very social.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.