Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: The Hebden

That's a brilliant report, Ben. I lived it again as I read it, with the exception of the food part. I don't know how you can eat so much as well as run that fast. All I could manage was a couple of jelly babies at CP2 and a piece of Stollen at CP3. The pork pie and mushy peas at the finish went down a treat though, but no room for crumble after that.

You're welcome with the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    That's a brilliant report, Ben. I lived it again as I read it, with the exception of the food part. I don't know how you can eat so much as well as run that fast. All I could manage was a couple of jelly babies at CP2 and a piece of Stollen at CP3. The pork pie and mushy peas at the finish went down a treat though, but no room for crumble after that.

You're welcome with the photos.
    Great event and report!

I'm with Ben on the food front - don't know how you can get round so fast eating so little, Nick

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Great event and report!

I'm with Ben on the food front - don't know how you can get round so fast eating so little, Nick
    It's a fine balance - just enough to keep me ticking over without diverting blood from the legs to the stomach and not letting the legs getting empty. I usually get It wrong. This time was on the lean side of right.

A bit late I know, but here are my photos for the 12th Hebden last month.

Smile 2019 Entry please

Ello chaps. If anyone has a 2019 entry for The Hebden and can't do it now, I will buy your entry please (assuming it's allowed to transfer with the Race Organiser)

Cheers TC

This is the first year since 2007 when it started when I haven't been able to get a place. It's sad, but times move on. There are always other races to be run (or business trips to be lumbered with).

It's nice to see this race still enjoying such great popularity. I hope you manage to get a place, TC.

Anyone doing The Hebden tomorrow? I'm in, but planning on dropping down to the 15-miler.
    Ironically, over the last few weeks I've been too busy with my book about running to manage to do enough of it.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Anyone doing The Hebden tomorrow? I'm in, but planning on dropping down to the 15-miler.
    Ironically, over the last few weeks I've been too busy with my book about running to manage to do enough of it.
    Yes, I was there. I saw you at the end and gave you my best winning smile, but you gave me a sort of blank look and passed by. I might start taking this personally Phil, you've done that before
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners