Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mizuno Wave Harrier 2

Re: Mizuno Wave Harrier 2

Took out my red ones and did a visual compare. Even counted the holes in the mesh and I can't see any difference between 2 and 3. Only the small rubber rectangles that are on the front of the toes on 2 is replaced with some other rubber protection thingy on 3. I have lost some rectangles on mine so thats probably an improvment.

Mizuno homepage says the same weight (295 g) and the same rubber compounds.

So it seems to be more or less the same shoe!

I've just bought some of these today so I'll let you all know how they go for me too. They seem great and fit nicely, so far so good...

Had a couple of pairs and they're great - BUT they do make your feet smell. Suspect the orange/yellow/blue fabric under the black mesh is NOT as breathable as it could be. Would buy again though
    "Pulling the ice axe from my leg I staggered on, spindrift stinging my remaining eye..." HMHB

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Thatusernameisalreadyused View Post
    Had a couple of pairs and they're great - BUT they do make your feet smell. Suspect the orange/yellow/blue fabric under the black mesh is NOT as breathable as it could be. Would buy again though
    Have had several pairs and no issue with this so far
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

what is this shoe like on rocks and screes.

Quote Originally Posted by richardbriscoe View Post
    what is this shoe like on rocks and screes.
    Great. As long as the rocks aren't wet. Actually thats not strictly true - the only problems I've had have been on wet flat limestone boulders. Now these are slippy anyway, but the WHs especially can't handle them, they have slipped out entirely from beneath me on a couple of occasions when I was really hammering it. The result is pictured below following Calver Peak Fell Race. Gashes too wide to stitch, and it bled continually for a week afterwards.

If by rocks you mean smaller pieces where the lugs can get stuck in then they will be fine.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

To be fair, very little will stick to wet limestone. In fact, probably nothing.
    I found that the new (anthracite?) Wh2's felt a bit more flexible than my other red and grey pair, which have inecplicably disappeared from my house.

...has anyone seen them? They may well be running around Silsden on their own now.

I've had 3 pairs of WHs - blue; red; yellow. I really rate them as decent 'all rounders' - bit of road, bit of trail, bit of light fell, medium to long distance. However, they are lethal on wet rock. Also on cobbles. And on stone stiles. I can sympathise with Simgreen, having finished the Irregulars' Black Brook route with several holes where skin ought to have been. Later models were supposed to have stickier rubber, but I haven't noticed a lot of difference. On the plus side, they last very well. The studs are remarkably durable; I tend to use mine over mixed terrain, which includes tarmac, and my 'reds' still have substantial studs after 3 years.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

I've got a pair of (the yellow) WH's, & think they're a very good shoe

In common with the others, I'll agree they're not the best on rocks, & also state the same for them on damp/greasy tarmac (as I've found to my own cost)

I wear mine for running 'XC'/bridleways around here, & use them in the 'Trunce' series, as they're better suited to that race than my 'Mud-Claw 330s' (the MCs' seem too absorbant on the road-stretch

They also got worn for the 'Stanage Splash' this year & seemed to cope admirably with all the varying conditions in that race (barring the downhill road stretch at the start, where they felt 'twitchy')

They were also used to my running to work throughout the snow/ice of January /February, where the pavements had a hard-packed surface

Recommend them?? You bet!
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Master

Bought a pair recently at Lakes Runner - very comfortable but a bit wide in the forefoot. Wore them for Holme Moss and then Sierre-Zinal. Did not seem very different from Inov8 315s with respect to grip but I do wonder if I am not more prone to tripping in them for some reason. Got on well with the 315s for a while but recently they have been giving me sore heels if I wear them too much. Having said that they saw me through Yorkshire 3 peaks 3 times and Ennerdale once and my first 3 Sierre-Zinals.