Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home International

Re: Home International

Quality memorys wish we were back there carnt wait till next year a top trip !
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    Quality memorys wish we were back there carnt wait till next year a top trip !
    aye lad was ace, gonna upload the photos onto flickr or sumat so will give ya a link mate and a link to the vid of you impersonating carlos haha
    Up the mighty Wharfedale 'arriers!

Quote Originally Posted by WillMarsh View Post
    aye lad was ace, gonna upload the photos onto flickr or sumat so will give ya a link mate and a link to the vid of you impersonating carlos haha
    Top job lad sorted !
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    No Jonny Bradshaw what a joke !!
    To get back on thread -
    There can be many reasons for athletes not being in a team. They may not have been selected, OR they may have declined selection due to other commitments. This was the case last year, when despite the selection criteria, an age group winner was not in a Home Internationals team for the simple reason their university term had started, so they graciously declined the invitation to run.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    To get back on thread -
    There can be many reasons for athletes not being in a team. They may not have been selected, OR they may have declined selection due to other commitments. This was the case last year, when despite the selection criteria, an age group winner was not in a Home Internationals team for the simple reason their university term had started, so they graciously declined the invitation to run.
    He dint decline, i was speaking to his dad the other day quite angry that a track runner had been picked in place of him ?

The selectors will have had their reasons, which they may be willing to discuss with Jonny if asked.

I thought the 'track runner' criticism had been resolved last year; all selected competitors took part in the 2010 championship as required by the selection criteria.
    Last edited by FellJunior; 02-09-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

The use of the term track runner seems to dismiss some athletes as only track runners. Some of the athletes in question compete at the highest level in track, road and cross country and has been shown by many races in junior and senior fell, they can be quite competitive when they race on the fell.

Many of the best juniors that have taken part in fell running over the years have been involved and have been excellent in all disciplines. I think of Katie Ingram, Heather Timmins, Beckie Lambson, Hannah Bateson, Laura Riches, my own Daughter Beckie as well - of course because of my daughter's involvement I'm more familar with the girls, but for the lads, Josh Moody, Joe Gratton are good examples and most of the Rossy lads are regularly seen on the track and cross country taking on the best athletes at Trafford BMC meeting and running in Inter Counties and English Schools XC Champs.

Dewi Griffiths - 3:56 for 1500m, 14:28 for 5K, and a top XC runner as well. That's why he is so good and won the Snowdon Trial comfortably.

I encourage anyone to be involved in other than just fell which is why the athletes that I coach only tend to do the FRA races - 6 races that allow for a track season as well. A mix of all disiplines is healthy for junior fell runners.
    Last edited by Witton Park; 02-09-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Latest news I have heard from the U18 Boys team, the Blackburn Harriers runner has dropped out?
    And also due to him dropping out, Jonny was asked to run but has now declined is what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by FellRunner1 View Post
    Latest news I have heard from the U18 Boys team, the Blackburn Harriers runner has dropped out?
    And also due to him dropping out, Jonny was asked to run but has now declined is what I've heard.
    You've heard wrong. The Blackburn Harrier Alan McKeown, is going as a travelling reserve and proud to have been invited to travel for the experience even if not with an England vest on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    You've heard wrong. The Blackburn Harrier Alan McKeown, is going as a travelling reserve and proud to have been invited to travel for the experience even if not with an England vest on this occasion.
    Okay sorry about that, this is just what I was told yesterday. Maybe it was Jack Ross they meant?