Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
Totally agree, the more people we can get off their sofas and running the better.... I doubt whether a lot of the Park Runners would enter a full blown race anyway so I can't see how it's impacting on race numbers and I don't think there's been a noticeable decline in entries.... stop your moaning.

That is exactly how I felt nikalas - basically anything that gets people off their bottoms and participating in sports and activities has to be a good thing.

but

I have since had it pointed out to me by a number of senior figures in Greater Manchester Athletics whose opinions I greatly respect that unlike races organised by local clubs, Park Run does not have to make any financial contribution to the sport’s governing body, UK Athletics yet they are given a licence.

As Natty says - It would appear that Park Run do not pay for a licence for each race, and do not pay the levies that the local clubs have to pay when we organise races.

In all honesty it does appear to be the case that there is one rule for clubs and and another for Park Run.