Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over the Odda 10k

Over the Odda 10k

It's not until April 20th but just come across this new hilly-ish multiterrain race (what else!) from Hawksworth village, near Guiseley and across the valley from Baildon Moor. Looks a good 'un and would be a mud-fest if run today!

http://www.ukresults.net/forms/130420odda.pdf

Re: Over the Odda 10k

Good spot - although it falls on same day as a very similar race the Meanwood Valley Trail which is a bit of a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Good spot - although it falls on same day as a very similar race the Meanwood Valley Trail which is a bit of a shame.
    Ah, even better spot - love the MVT race but having done it 8 times over the years I might do OtheO instead this year. Like you say it's a shame they clash but hey-ho!

Haha yeah that seems a reasonable choice. I think I'll do the MVT, having lived in Leeds for 8 years and never done it, despite doing loads of runs/walks etc up and down that there trail. Also it'll be 3pks the week after so either would be a decent little leg stretcher before easing down in that week.

Thinking about entering this, always good to support local events. Can't help thinking what appears to an intersecting of the route at roughly the 3 and 4 mile point could be a bit dicey though?!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2...lWOuc.facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Thinking about entering this, always good to support local events. Can't help thinking what appears to an intersecting of the route at roughly the 3 and 4 mile point could be a bit dicey though?!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2...lWOuc.facebook
    Hmm, would definitely make more sense from a safety viewpoint if that loop around the woods by High Royds is clockwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Hmm, would definitely make more sense from a safety viewpoint if that loop around the woods by High Royds is clockwise.
    I was thinking precisely the same.
    Is it worth contacting the organisers to see if this has been an oversight or is that just rude?

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    I was thinking precisely the same.
    Is it worth contacting the organisers to see if this has been an oversight or is that just rude?
    Worth doing I'd say - I'll send an email and let you know the response.

Update on the course is on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Over-...850715?fref=ts , which basically says they've now changed to a clockwise loop at the top half (thus alleviating the possibility of runners crossing path/colliding!), and doing the southern loop anti-clockwise to alleviate queues at stiles plus changing tricky descent to tricky ascent - which would suit me except although I have entered I'm currently struggling with achilles problem.

The Garmin details suggest the route is 6.04 miles/809ft - could get away with registering as a Cat C fell race!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Update on the course is on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Over-...850715?fref=ts , which basically says they've now changed to a clockwise loop at the top half (thus alleviating the possibility of runners crossing path/colliding!), and doing the southern loop anti-clockwise to alleviate queues at stiles plus changing tricky descent to tricky ascent - which would suit me except although I have entered I'm currently struggling with achilles problem.

The Garmin details suggest the route is 6.04 miles/809ft - could get away with registering as a Cat C fell race!
    Well that was a great race - excellent weather and good turn-out for the first running, from the 'elite' (Tom Adams speeding round in c37mins) through to plodders having their first off-road racing experience. I was just pleased to get round in one piece in just over the hour, though this did include a wait of 90secs at the first 'squeeze stile'!