Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Park Runs Destructive ?

Re: Are Park Runs Destructive

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    First park run for me at Platt Fields this morning. I must say I enjoyed it! I was a bit slower than I would've liked, hardly surprising condsidering I ran the HPM last weekend and had a two hour run over Kinder on Thursday, but I definitely had a good tempo run. It was nice to see people clapping in the slower runners at the end. People moan about the fun running culture in his country, but at a time when most people sit on their arses eating crisps and drinking pop, park runs are a good thing!All in all a nice morning - good to see OB1 there too!
    Good man ! I've done the bramhall park run a couple of times And I definately felt a bit sharper after doing them Saying that ,I haven't. Done one for a year so I'll be getting over To one soon

Quote Originally Posted by steviek View Post
    Good man ! I've done the bramhall park run a couple of times And I definately felt a bit sharper after doing them Saying that ,I haven't. Done one for a year so I'll be getting over To one soon
    I didn't feel very sharp today mate!! All this epic bog trotting has sapped my speed. I'm sure my times will fall over the next few weeks - or at least I hope they will!!!

Please can anyone tell me if there are toilets open before 9am near the start of the Roundhay Parkrun? Ditto the new Harrogate Parkrun on the Stray.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Please can anyone tell me if there are toilets open before 9am near the start of the Roundhay Parkrun? Ditto the new Harrogate Parkrun on the Stray.
    There certainly weren't any open on the only occasion I've done Roundhay, whether that's changed in the last 9 months or so I don't know although I'm sure the Lakeside Cafe would benefit from opening early to allow runners to use the facilities while also picking up some parkrun 'trade'.

Almost any real race wouldn't allow jogging buggies. Park run does, so I have been out a few times with my 2 year old

On a slightly sadder note, my wife inspected my toenails yesterday and declared that I clearly hadn't been doing enough fell running lately, as I had 10, all of the correct colour (and no, black is not the correct colour ).

I don't mind park runs. It's a good family atmosphere & get's a lot of folk out of bed on a Saturday morning to run. Out of interest, what sort of times do people do?

Quote Originally Posted by nutkey View Post
    Almost any real race wouldn't allow jogging buggies. Park run does, so I have been out a few times with my 2 year .
    Exactly! They're not a real race, amd not meant to be, but I've done one with Ruben in the buggy and both of us loved it. just a shame that Saturday mornings are usually too busy to fit one in.

Ps Bionic Betty, we did about 22minutes

It was quite fast at the front end at Heaton Park this morning.

I wonder if Salford were using it as a time trial for the relays?

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/heaton/results/latestresults
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I have done quite a few Park Runs usually when there are no suitable fell or road races that weekend. I also do them when Blackburn are at home and my day if consumed by football, that way I always get my racing fix.

My local park run is Bolton, I always see a few club runners from that area and I'm sure it can only be a positive thing for clubs because People Talk. All it takes is "hey come along to our club night on a tuesday/thursday and give it a go". Folk go to clubs, confidence grows, they enter bigger races, newbies keep going along to park runs and the cycle continues - It can only be a good thing.

I use them as an eyeballs out training session, I also like it because I can get in the top 10 (sometimes) that never happens in a "proper" race.As I said I would always opt for a road race or fell race if one is available that day/weekend though.

Cheers
    Jamie

Master

Add a bit of sparkle to your weekend....
    Flagged up in an email from 'GreaterSport - Greater Manchester Sports Partnership', forwarded by a club colleague.
    Here's an ongoing survey related to a piece of study research being conducted by my alma mater 'Lufbra' and the NHS in conjunction with ParkRun.
    Something to get your teeth into over the weekend if you are stranded at home with no petrol / diesel.
    http://www.parkrun.com/sparkle
    Looks like anyone can take part.
    www.greatersport.co.uk/activeandhealthy