Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Park Runs Destructive ?

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Chariot-load of Harriers to flat South Manc (Platt Fields) today (it is in our Club Champ series).
    Cuerden Valley Parkrun today. Very hilly, known as 'Lancashire Tough' I believe. I was 2 min slower than at Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Well done OB1
    Had a brief chat with your club mate SteveC at Oakwell Hall parkrun today DT - he eased past me towards end of first lap

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Well done OB1
    Cheers DT - I am loving mixing the long with the short at the moment.
    Powered by Ugali.

Did fountains abbey yesterday. Quicker than oakwell hall as tarmac and flatter, but was amazing scenery to admire on the way round. Nice bacon roll in the cafe after too! Good one for families to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by brummievet View Post
    Did fountains abbey yesterday. Quicker than oakwell hall as tarmac and flatter, but was amazing scenery to admire on the way round. Nice bacon roll in the cafe after too! Good one for families to go to.
    Agree, a lovely venue. The hardest bit is the climb back up to the cafe after the run!

10 minutes slower than last week on the flat Pacific seafront! Which is what comes of getting lost on the way there. Still it was the best we've done in Australia - all off road and a fair bit of climb - would qualify as an AS in the UK!

http://www.parkrun.com.au/bunyaville/

Will just have to try again next week!

WH

http://travellinglightatsixtyplus.blogspot.com.au/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    10 minutes slower than last week on the flat Pacific seafront! Which is what comes of getting lost on the way there. Still it was the best we've done in Australia - all off road and a fair bit of climb - would qualify as an AS in the UK!

http://www.parkrun.com.au/bunyaville/

Will just have to try again next week!

WH

Good to see you doing the Aussie Parkrun tour this summer.
    Yes, last weeks result kind of dents your touring stats.
    I am glad to see that you made 2 sessions at Albert Parkrun, Melbourne, in July.
    My sister is a regular there (and occasional course director).
    My brother was a regular there but having moved house in the city has been a regular at Westerfolds, Melbourne.
    Yet to get the time off (needs at least 3 weeks I reckon) to jet over and tour myself - tut tut.

Enjoy the rest of your 'tour'.
    Powered by Ugali.

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Good to see you doing the Aussie Parkrun tour this summer.
    Yes, last weeks result kind of dents your touring stats.
    I am glad to see that you made 2 sessions at Albert Parkrun, Melbourne, in July.
    My sister is a regular there (and occasional course director).
    My brother was a regular there but having moved house in the city has been a regular at Westerfolds, Melbourne.
    Yet to get the time off (needs at least 3 weeks I reckon) to jet over and tour myself - tut tut.

Enjoy the rest of your 'tour'.
    Thanks OB1 - had another go at Bunyaville this morning and managed to come in third overall - weather is currently monsoonish and a wet slippery up and down through the forest definitely suited me. Other runners were asking me about my Inov8's as they were wearing all sorts of rubbish! Moving down to Tamborine after next week and have 3 parkruns within half an hour's drive so will give those a go.

Welsh Harrier

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Thanks OB1 - had another go at Bunyaville this morning and managed to come in third overall - weather is currently monsoonish and a wet slippery up and down through the forest definitely suited me. Other runners were asking me about my Inov8's as they were wearing all sorts of rubbish! Moving down to Tamborine after next week and have 3 parkruns within half an hour's drive so will give those a go.

Welsh Harrier
    Well done WH - for your top 3 today and highest Age grade. Doing a 70%+ on that course in todays conditions was a great effort. In better conditions you would probably have got the course age grade record for your banding.

In my current state (injury free and good fitness) I managed a course PB at our local Marple course, but shy of 70%.
    No monsoon here but a gentle drizzle during the race with firm grassy fields but slippery footpaths and muddy river bank paths. Kanadias were OK but Wave Harriers (or even XC spikes - its been known at Marple) might have been better.Nice and sunny now after the post-run café brunch with John4of5.

Really envious of your Aussie tour. I have 10 years to go till I am retired and can do similar if still fit and healthy, or sooner if I take my siblings up on their open-house invite (to Melbourne - apparently voted again recently as the most pleasant city to life in the world).

Enjoy your stint in Tamborine - we will be watching for you to set records there.
    And enjoy your B2B race in September (I just read your blog).
    Last edited by OB1; 23-08-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: B2B