Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 721

Thread: Tonight's headtorcher

  1. #11
    Master Dynamo Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,188

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Brisk hour or so long run with Pennine from Hayfield not sure where we went it was dark!!!

  2. #12
    Master Stolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Settle
    Posts
    6,467

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    I did my first headtorcher of the season last night; maybe 3 or 4 miles up and round the hill out back.

    I think it was probably the shadow of a boulder moving as my head torch moved in relation to it but, if not, me and Harry saw a huge black, stooping animal run across our path last night . What made the hairs on my neck tingle a bit is that Harry stopped and started growling too!

    Spooky.

  3. #13
    Master Rodders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Slawit(ish)
    Posts
    1,378

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I did my first headtorcher of the season last night; maybe 3 or 4 miles up and round the hill out back.

    I think it was probably the shadow of a boulder moving as my head torch moved in relation to it but, if not, me and Harry saw a huge black, stooping animal run across our path last night . What made the hairs on my neck tingle a bit is that Harry stopped and started growling too!

    Spooky.
    Stolly check this extract concerning Alien Big Cats in your area
    "Mid-Sept - Newby Cote, nr Ingleton, seen at 300yds. 2002: c.4 Jan - "

    http://www.bigcatsinbritain.org/englishnews230.htm

  4. #14
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    2 headtorches arrived from Alpkit this morning, one pink one for daughter and a cammo one for lad, only ordered them yesterday.
    3m with dog and both nippers, everyone headtorched up:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

  5. #15
    Master Mountain Goatess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whitburn by the sea :-)
    Posts
    2,833

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    2 headtorches arrived from Alpkit this morning, one pink one for daughter and a cammo one for lad, only ordered them yesterday.
    3m with dog and both nippers, everyone headtorched up:thumbup:
    Priceless x :thumbup:
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

  6. #16
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Priceless x :thumbup:
    Cost me £25 but the result was priceless and it keeps them off the streets
    Hills and Guinness!

  7. #17
    Senior Member simgreen78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SMHQ, Sheffield
    Posts
    910

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    They are really good bits of kit, the Alpkit headtorches. Well made, sturdy, and i like the extra light on the battery pack. I use one for camping, and a LED Lenser for night runs.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

  8. #18
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Quote Originally Posted by simgreen78 View Post
    They are really good bits of kit, the Alpkit headtorches. Well made, sturdy, and i like the extra light on the battery pack. I use one for camping, and a LED Lenser for night runs.
    Agree Simon, can't go wrong for 12 and a half quid and quick service:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

  9. #19
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,132

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Belting 'torcher tonight with the usual suspects plus a quite chatty Aunt Sally It's going to be a good winter
    Poacher turned game-keeper

  10. #20
    Senior Member swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    312

    Re: Tonight's headtorcher

    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Belting 'torcher tonight with the usual suspects plus a quite chatty Aunt Sally It's going to be a good winter
    Two weeks with spot on stile selections. How long will it last?

    Although I can't wash the cow pat smell off my hands. What does that mean?

Similar Threads

  1. Tonight's Chinese
    By southernsoftie in forum General chat!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 01:07 PM
  2. Tonight's dips
    By Derby Tup in forum General chat!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM
  3. Tonight's Scrabble
    By Longdogs in forum General chat!
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 16-02-2010, 01:21 AM
  4. Tonight's Gig
    By Manhar in forum General chat!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. 1st Headtorcher of the season
    By Stolly in forum Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •