Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's headtorcher

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjjohn View Post
    T'was lovely and a cracking route, if I say so myself.

I also took my two running girlfriends out with the torches last night and they were pleasantly impressed.

Here's to Hope keeping us from the depression thread this winter.
    You're not fooling anyone, you're not real.

*places jimmyjohn on the official multiple login suspicious list. Begins recording use of semi colons.
    pies

Another wet and windy headtorcher last night, we were rewarded with the best view of Kendal (ie. in the dark so you can't see what a shithole it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Another wet and windy headtorcher last night, we were rewarded with the best view of Kendal (ie. in the dark so you can't see what a shithole it is)
    I was up on James Thorne last night teaching Navigation. Windblown snow in the cloud meant you could barely see your feet let alone Manchester..

Well that was a bit desperate, well ready for our lasses sausage casserole when I got home

Super Moderator
    Lovely night out tonight with Wednesday night gang
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I enjoyed it too.

Trouble was Emily took control and with no faulters on route choice I was off the back for the whole run. Last week was much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Lovely night out tonight with Wednesday night gang

SROC's Street O event round the historic city of Lancaster for me, we even found some mud

great warts run with Dark Peak last night. 24 hardy souls under a starlit night.

the group split in to two about 2/3 of the way round whist they slunk of to the pub we pushed on for a nother big climb, shorter than usual as a number are doing the HPM tomorrow.

but just under 6 miles but 1700 ft of climbing.

Plenty of last minute HPM reccies on Winn hill, loose Hill and up from Cut throat bridge...was it you?

Pah! All this headtorch running with other people. You lot are so.... flipping social! And pints afterwards? Gee whiz, how the other half live.

We're obviously made of sterner stuff in Settle - me and Hazzer (a border collie and therefore not a person) have probably done something like 90 headtorch runs in the hills above Settle thus far this winter. And we don't bother with people (other than a handful of guest appearances from Hester). In the week, headtorch running is running

That said I ran 13 miles from Shipley to Leeds along the canal toepath this morning, London Marathon training
    Last edited by Stolly; 27-02-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: My maths was massively wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    great warts run with Dark Peak last night. 24 hardy souls under a starlit night.

the group split in to two about 2/3 of the way round whist they slunk of to the pub we pushed on for a nother big climb, shorter than usual as a number are doing the HPM tomorrow.

but just under 6 miles but 1700 ft of climbing.

Plenty of last minute HPM reccies on Winn hill, loose Hill and up from Cut throat bridge...was it you?
    Aye and what a great night for it. Clear, starry skys and some lovely hills. I was thinking back to this time last year and all the snow we had!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!