Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinder Dozen

Trip round the dozen yesterday afternoon in stonking weather conditions with OJ. Didn't really notice much bracken except dropping down into Blackden. 5.48

Great time and thanks for the info!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Nobthrob,

I done the northern section one night last week and yes Blackden was a nightmare. Did you join the footpath high up or stay to the west of it. I done something in between and it was not much fun trying to trash through the bracken down to the footpath.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Nobthrob,

I done the northern section one night last week and yes Blackden was a nightmare. Did you join the footpath high up or stay to the west of it. I done something in between and it was not much fun trying to trash through the bracken down to the footpath.
    Wouldn't describe as a nightmare, just a bit slow for a couple of mins. Just stayed high (reasonable line/trod along ridge) until above the Wall/Holly Tree. Then down the wall with gravity on side.

Thanks I think (know) I cut down to the foot path too early.

Had another go at it yesterday. Started at 6am so needed the head torch for the first 1/2 hr. Started from the quarry car park in Hayfield and ran up to Harry Moor Ford. The bracken is dying now but still very strong slowed it down a bit crossing the river kinder on the way up to Mermaid's Pool, where it is really bad is the climb from Jaggers Clough to Nether Moor, is there any good line on that climb? Messed up at Nether Moor as I could see Clough Farm below me and thought it was the Hostel so rather than using my compass bearing I headed towards it and ended up following the road to the Hostel. I had the morning booked off work and as I was running out of time I had to head straight back to Hayfield from the Hostel. So I done from the foot of Jacob's Ladder to the YHA - 8 of the 12 climbs.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/213124945

8 "Bobs" is a good effort!
    Jaggers to Nether Moor - there is a bit of a trod along the wall that goes through the disused Tip/Quarry, but it's a slight diversion from the "ethos" of the Dozen
    I've accidentally dropped for Clough Farm before myself - although not sure how you ended up on a road, as there is a "catching" path all the way round the fell wall
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    although not sure how you ended up on a road, as there is a "catching" path all the way round the fell wall
    I was on the wrong side of a wall, I had to cross a farmers field to get from the road back to that path.

I am going to have a go at the Kinder Dozen on Saturday. I need to be back home by mid afternoon so it is going to be a 6am start from the quarry car park/Bowden Bridge at 6am. There will be enough light for the stretch up through Tunstead Fields to join the route at Harry Moor Ford. Weather forecast dry but windy. If anybody fancies an early start you are welcome!

group of DPers going this weekend I believe but they'll be starting from the Snake I imagine.