Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinder Dozen

Re: Kinder Dozen

Just out of curiosity, how tough is this on the ankles? Seems a lot is off path therefore may be quite hard?

Still thinking of things for next weekend but don't want to f*ck my already delicate ankle.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how tough is this on the ankles? Seems a lot is off path therefore may be quite hard?

Still thinking of things for next weekend but don't want to f*ck my already delicate ankle.
    you wont have any problems
    just take your time and enjoy it

Okay. 3 weeks out of pot, still got swelling. Very conscious going off track would you do it?

Thinking of doing the killer and the dozen next weekend on Sat and Sun with a camp and a few beers in Edale but also want to ensure that my ankle stays in one piece.

Master and MR

Okay. 3 weeks out of pot, still got swelling. Very conscious going off track would you do it?

Thinking of doing the killer and the dozen next weekend on Sat and Sun with a camp and a few beers in Edale but also want to ensure that my ankle stays in one piece.
    yes id def go for it but very steady
    then again im known for doing daft things. good luck if you do it. Its a great run.
    Take plenty to eat and mark your map bearings before , saves faffing about.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Best ask Daz, over 6000 posts

eh
    ooh eck only just noticed that
    err when do we get our dozen and killer certificates

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    then again im known for doing daft things. good luck if you do it. Its a great run.
    Thats all I need to know

Cheers for that! I did 3 peaks after 10 days of no pot and no real running for 6 weeks so I guess we may be cut from the same cloth?

Anything I do will involve a lot of tape and slow descents.

I have thought of a back to back over 24 hours but that would be massive challenge.

By the end of the weekend you will know Kinder pretty well. Good luck

Oh please don't take that as gospel as there are plenty of different ideas flowing round my head for next weekend.

This was just one of many.

IDP might be interested in sub 7hrs after you get your BG out of the way my PB and Farmers wife's RR.
    Although I obviously ran with Milli on Sunday I haven't a clue who he or she is but I will try and find out tonight

I went round the Dozen today in 7hrs 23min starting from Harry Moor. I don't think it stopped raining the whole time I was out, and the low cloud made the navigation interesting. I didn't see anyone on the hill at all.

I think I would have managed it quicker if I hadn't still got a BG reccie in my legs from Saturday, so IDP's 7 hour Dozen looks doable.

My time was 41 minutes quicker than when DazH and I went round in January, but I didn't stop to eat. It's definitely easier the second time when you know the terrain better, but it's still very tough on the legs and ankles. I'm even more impressed with GeoffB's time of 5:45 - how do you get round that fast?
    Last edited by Marvin; 03-06-2008 at 07:09 PM.