Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de Helvellyn

thanks - looks and sounds well worth a dabble! just within the realms of sensible pricing too.

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    thanks - looks and sounds well worth a dabble! just within the realms of sensible pricing too.
    looks like there is a summer version in June as well

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    Factor in the superb soup and cakes at the finish and it becomes a bargain!

Great event really enjoyed it - any views as to whether the bridleway or road route are quicker between Howtown and the Church?
    Chose the bridleway both out and in but noticed runners heading down the road on the way back.

The road is faster in my opinion. This was proved out this year when a runner I know who was moving faster than me and some 100 yards ahead of me at the junction went via the bridleway and I beat him to Martindale church via the road.
    Last edited by fellgazelle; 01-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    Do what you like, like what you do

I was told by my personal routemeister the best way is out on the track and back on the road

Master
    We went by the bridleway and passed 2 people who went by the road. I know that as they passed us again not long afterwards
    I would have gone by the road on the way back but it was dark and raining and I didn't want to risk missing the path.

Great to hear these comments.
    By the way, I've just been sort some boring admin stuff, and cross referencing some records, etc.

Ed Catmur and Tracy dean both had storming runs, with Ed setting a new record of 5.48mins, and so to break Kim Collision's record by ten minutes is an amazing achievement in the conditions.

Tracey was 11th overall, definitely ran solo playing catch up from a late start, and her 6.49 is impressive. However, it's not actually a record as Astrid Gibbs's 6.39 from 2012 is still the fastest. Hence, both records as they stand in the FRA cakender are incorrect.

I've also spotted some typos and glitches in the FRA calendar regarding Lakes Mountain 42 - Sat 5th April, so will post details on a new Lakes Mountain 42 thread.

Thanks for supporting TdeH and my NAV4 Adventure events. Don't overlook the Dockray races....nearly thirty years and counting...

Yours,

Joe, (and Linz, Stu and Team...)
    Last edited by JoeFaulkner; 01-01-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Hi Jo, great reading the comments, The Sportident results website for 2012 reads that Astrid Gibbs ran 7 hours and 39 last year, which is what i have believed. Is this incorrect as I don't want to be believe that I have take a record when I haven't. Can you confirm the 2012 ladies results please.

Cheers

Tracy

Sportident defo have Astrid at 7hours 39minutes so unless there was a major malfunction in the timing system on the day I would say Tracy Dean smashed the ladies record by a whopping 50minutes!!! Also if you look at the 2012 results you will see Astrid ran with her other half Tom So if I'm honest I think you have your facts wrong Joe. http://results.sportident.co.uk/home...6f-afa5c576b95

Tour de Helvellyn - Saturday 22 December 2012

Results

Personal Details/Print CertificateDetails/Certificate 17th Tom Gibbs MV40 07:39:06
    Personal Details/Print CertificateDetails/Certificate 18th Astrid Gibbs F 07:39:10
    Last edited by Dorian Grey; 04-01-2014 at 12:29 PM.