Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de Helvellyn

I agree with Tracy and Dorian's posts that Tracy's time this year broke the course record for a lady. I think Joe has made a mistake is saying that Ms A Gibbs time from 2012 was the fastest especially when you look at the sportident website and her splits at each cp. Given this obvious error could this be acknowledged by Joe so that a fantastic achievement in not only coming in as first lady (and 11th overall) and taking the course record is remedied without delay.

Oh dear, I've made a mistake; of course 6.49 is less than 7.39!
    I got it wrong.
    Sorry.

Joe

Just for info: The Summer version 'Dawn to Dusk' (which is aimed at 100km) took place in 2012 in June in very wet weather. The course wasn't perfect and a review of course and date resulted in Lakes Mountain 42(miles) in April.

Joe

Hi, has anyone done the circle part of the TDH route from Patterdale or Glenridding and back as a recce? If so how far is this please
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Hi Oscar,

I'm all booked for doing this one. Will be my first winter Ultra and looking forward to the added challenges that will bring

Mac

I'm in again. I've sharpened my skates, cleaned my snow shovel & I'm ready for whatever comes...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

I promised my body a rest but I am tempted and think I might come too. Andy- no snow or ice last year although it did rain and flood making Side Farm interesting

yes it was good fun wading past the swans Karen. I did this last year with plantar fasciitus which has not totally gone but hope to improve my time this year

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Hi, has anyone done the circle part of the TDH route from Patterdale or Glenridding and back as a recce? If so how far is this please
    I measured it at just over 20m on my recce last year - but I added a bit extra searching for a dropped glove! So would say around 19m.

It's an ideal recce for the event

Thumbs up

Good luck folks with the TDH tomorrow. Stay safe and look out for each other.
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.