Thread: Calderdale Way Relay

Calderdale Way Relay

anyone know leg 2 and be willing to recce/point me in right direction?

Re: Calderdale Way Relay

Doing leg three and four and Sunday 28th November. Looking to start leg three at 8am if anyone is interested. (Espeically if you know leg three! I know leg four very well so could show you that in return!)
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Today would normally have been the Calderdale Way relay. Would have made another interesting relay with low cloud conditions, breezy and very wet underfoot ... this is what we all remember and loved about it. Waiting for your mates to come in at the changeovers, willing them along so that you could get on your way. There was a real buzz about it. I know the decision has been made and that new time of year has been set for the future but we don't seem to have the same enthusiasm in our club for it now which is a real shame. (the new date in May 2012 clashes with the British Champs race in Ireland as well) I do wonder if the telephone companys have noticed a drop in calls for this weekend in December compared to the last 20 odd years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Beastie View Post
    Today would normally have been the Calderdale Way relay. Would have made another interesting relay with low cloud conditions, breezy and very wet underfoot ... this is what we all remember and loved about it. Waiting for your mates to come in at the changeovers, willing them along so that you could get on your way. There was a real buzz about it. I know the decision has been made and that new time of year has been set for the future but we don't seem to have the same enthusiasm in our club for it now which is a real shame. (the new date in May 2012 clashes with the British Champs race in Ireland as well) I do wonder if the telephone companys have noticed a drop in calls for this weekend in December compared to the last 20 odd years!!!
    Yep, same sentiments here. Far more difficult for us to put out a really competitive (well for us) team with the event in May, as it also clashes with the Leeds Half and we have lots of runners who want to run that. I've also noticed that a drop in enthusiasm within certain sections of our club for it as well.
    But as you say, the decision has been made, and whilst it is frustrating, I can understand it. I just wish that someone would have looked at a calendar and avoided other major local events and other major fell races (e.g. champs as you say).