Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help required.....

Re: Help required.....

voted, but i liked the speed one as well( there should be one of them at the end of roady's street!! )

Voted
    Because when as a nurse therapist working in the special needs sector on a day trip with 6 teenagers to change, it was a nightmare not just space but the responsibilty/accountability!!!!!
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Voted.

'Tis done. Isn't it sad that we have to vote on this? These loos should be a given everywhere. Imagine if 'we' pulled out of Iraq and spent the money we spend on bombing innocent people to pieces on decent facilities for the disabled. Or if the fees paid to public schools were invested in proper schools for all - including disabled kids. I saw a programme on TV a few months ago where a woman had to basically beg a panel of rich smarmy bastards for about 4 grand for her disabled kid to go to a school and get a decent education. What a f****n disgrace of a country we live in. Mind you - at least it's not Afghanistan - now THAT was a horrible programme on TV last night. Another Gold Medal for our greedy, war hungry b*****d of a (almost ex) PM.

"The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
    They stand outside your doors four score and three"

I hope the innocents Blair has murdered come to claim their debt from him.

Sorry. This gets my goat.

Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    'Tis done. Isn't it sad that we have to vote on this? These loos should be a given everywhere. Imagine if 'we' pulled out of Iraq and spent the money we spend on bombing innocent people to pieces on decent facilities for the disabled. Or if the fees paid to public schools were invested in proper schools for all - including disabled kids. I saw a programme on TV a few months ago where a woman had to basically beg a panel of rich smarmy bastards for about 4 grand for her disabled kid to go to a school and get a decent education. What a f****n disgrace of a country we live in. Mind you - at least it's not Afghanistan - now THAT was a horrible programme on TV last night. Another Gold Medal for our greedy, war hungry b*****d of a (almost ex) PM.

"The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
    They stand outside your doors four score and three"

I hope the innocents Blair has murdered come to claim their debt from him.

Sorry. This gets my goat.
    By eck, but you're a cheery soul Downsman! Cheer up, it is Friday ya know....

Just added my vote too & I have emailed the link to all my non running mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
    Just added my vote too & I have emailed the link to all my non running mates.
    Good idea - I will do the same.

Have voted. I'm Inclusion Manager in a large inner-city Primary School responsible for a number of children with multiple disabilities and can appreciate the need for such basic, practical initiatives.

I would however want to point out one thing to Downsman. Although by no means Blairite, and sharing many misgivings about recent foreign policy, I have no doubts that this government has funded education much more generously than any other in the last forty years. This is evident in severely deprived areas such as the one in which I work. Of course, we can always use more resources, especially in regard to special educational needs; but I think we ought to careful not to let our justified anger over foreign policy mistakes prevent us from recognising other improvements that have been made in the last ten years. Education funding, the Disability Discrimination Acts, and a commitment to the integration and inclusion of children with disabilities in mainstream settings, are things for which praise is surely due. Yes, a lot more can be done, but I don't think 'not caring' is a fair charge. At least my school is solvent now and we can afford to build toilets with hoists and employ Support Assistants. I'm old enough to recall our helpless struggles against the underfunding caused by the careless disdain of the Thatcher/Major regimes.

Hell, this is heavy for a Friday night!
    I'd rather be talking about running over hills!
    Unfortunately, though, I've got a calf tear and my physio has stipulated no running for another MONTH.....aargh!....but in the light of this serious thread: at least I've got the prospect of running again. Some kids will never walk.

Good on you for publicising this Fat Bloke.

Someone said on this thread why do we have to vote and reward one above another. Well said. Your chap's got my vote too FB; but why can't we do all these? Its a blood shame and in truth it's cos we waste a fortune in all sorts of area.

e.g. who's paying for Blair's farewell world tour then? You know, that hypocritical sht4brains who reckons he's so fcking concerned about the environment, but then he just has to fly from London to Manchester and London to Sedgefield just to give 2 recent examples. Mind, no doubt Mrs B-liar wouldn't want to slum it on a train would she. Fck no, that'd be an infringement of her human rights now
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Have voted. I'm Inclusion Manager in a large inner-city Primary School responsible for a number of children with multiple disabilities and can appreciate the need for such basic, practical initiatives.

I would however want to point out one thing to Downsman. Although by no means Blairite, and sharing many misgivings about recent foreign policy, I have no doubts that this government has funded education much more generously than any other in the last forty years. This is evident in severely deprived areas such as the one in which I work. Of course, we can always use more resources, especially in regard to special educational needs; but I think we ought to careful not to let our justified anger over foreign policy mistakes prevent us from recognising other improvements that have been made in the last ten years. Education funding, the Disability Discrimination Acts, and a commitment to the integration and inclusion of children with disabilities in mainstream settings, are things for which praise is surely due. Yes, a lot more can be done, but I don't think 'not caring' is a fair charge. At least my school is solvent now and we can afford to build toilets with hoists and employ Support Assistants. I'm old enough to recall our helpless struggles against the underfunding caused by the careless disdain of the Thatcher/Major regimes.

Hell, this is heavy for a Friday night!
    I'd rather be talking about running over hills!
    Unfortunately, though, I've got a calf tear and my physio has stipulated no running for another MONTH.....aargh!....but in the light of this serious thread: at least I've got the prospect of running again. Some kids will never walk.
    True Tussockface but what about the 'special' schools that are being closed down and the pupils being forced into mainstream education. Mainstream education/intergration is not the best way forward for many pupils in special schools.
    Yes I see what you are saying about more money resources in recent years for which as a parent I am grateful, I'm no expert in the education field etc but at what cost are these schools closing? - my son could by no means whatsoever cope in mainstream no matter how much support he had and we would be forced to put him into a residential school if that were the case.
    Last year we fought tooth and nail to keep a local respite centre open but for how long?? Intergration is not for everyone.
    I could go on - but as you say it's friday night and no doubt I'll be up in a couple of hours so must go and get some beauty sleep