Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravy Pud Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    Just seen the website has entries on the day too, so guessing it's still not full. Might give it a go and pootle along at the back somewhere...
    There's 33 pre-entries so far, I doubt we'll fill up with pre-entries only but I'll put a note up here and on the website when on-line entries close on Thursday 4 December.

This looks really tempting. Are there places left? And I am still fairly new to navigating - is it right that this is partially marked? Will I do ok with slightly crap map skills?
    It's well marked and marshaled.

Thanks, that's really useful. May well come along.

This looks really tempting. Are there places left? And I am still fairly new to navigating - is it right that this is partially marked? Will I do ok with slightly crap map skills?
    It's a really easy race to find your way round - it didn't even occur to me I may need to navigate before entering last year (was only my second race) - you can generally find a trail of people swearing as they go up the hill and it's pretty well marked/marshalled

Perfect. Depends on family commitments but would be my first proper race so need something a bit manageable.

Perfect. Depends on family commitments but would be my first proper race so need something a bit manageable.
    Amy this was my first ever fell race last year be careful I am full on addicted 33 races done since!! It is a great first race and very well marshaled you will love it

Paul

Master
    Route was nice and damp on today's training run, although the descent through Swallows Wood has been wetter / muddier in the past. As every, exercise caution across the wooden bridge over Ogden Brook before the climb to Lees Hill - it is slippery as an eel right now with a fine covering of algae.