Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravy Pud Fell Race

Re: Gravy Pud Fell Race

Thanks to all the organisers and marshals. Enjoyed the pub with the resident 2 dogs and cat. Andi did warn us that the black n white dog would go crackers once the applause started at prize giving, the dog didn't let us down.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I think you're probably right. I've just gone through the entry forms and those two were the wrong way round so probably got typed incorrectly. I've swapped them round.
    Cheers Dom, Gloss photopgrapher (John4of5) photos confirm this.
    Tom missed the starting gun by a few seconds, so it was fun to watch him steaming down the verge after the cobbles on the way out trying to get past the field - I thought he was going to jump up and run along the dry stone wall at one point. He did well to get back up with the lead pack.
    Powered by Ugali.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spelling Bee View Post
    Marshals.

I blame the teachers.
    Teachers? I balme the whiskey.:wink: Grouse?
    Powered by Ugali.

Glad you all enjoyed it. Was good fun, nice and fresh but at least dry!!!
    cakes were excellent.
    well done everyone who ran.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

I suspected it might have been a record turn-out. It was mahoossive. Thanks dom and roadrunner and all the marshals (one 'l' since it's not a surname we're talking about here). I agree with others' sentiments - it was a slick operation, right down to the presentations - quick announcements and a line of winners disappearing next door to pick their prizes.

Andy, good to finally meet you and chat briefly at the start. 5th place - superb result. :thumbup:

I was chuffed to be faster and further up the field than I was last year (the most comfortably in the top half of a fell race I've ever been). Feels good doesn't it, Dynamo Dan? :thumbup: For me that was after having to stop to tie my shoelace and let OB1 overtake me, and get tripped by a dog.

Did anyone else get tripped up by the out-of-control mutt on the track to the finish? I was running blind with the sun in my eyes and the ground invisible in shadow. I heard a grunt below me to my left then my left foot was suddenly stopped dead as the mutt barged into my legs. As I began to go down I put my left hand on it and used it as a lever to prevent a total wipe-out. I was forced to slow to a walk in a state of exhausted shock for 30 secs. The owner tried to call it back after seeing what it did. Too late luv. Where's your common sense?

Anyway, I took a few pictures, but none en route after the climb up Lees Hill on account of eyeballs-out effort. I'm sure you'll understand.

Bloody 'l'.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Bloody 'l'.

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Fantastic race today many thanks again to all who made it happen and a big thanks to dom for going back up the routo to check Mrs A ok shes in front of fire now with ice pack on feeling sorry for herself.
    i am sure i saw IDP while outside chatting to Ady just walk past on way to bar???
    PS that was a long 5 mile
    Didn't see you today Steve? but yes I was there in the pub and I had a couple of chats with Ady(well done on your return)
    so many forumites. Nice to have Colllin cheering us on (one l or 3 )
    I found the start tough after last nights beers. although Grouse took great delight in poking fun at me as he skipped by.
    from the top of the hill I had a great battle with Rob T until I managed to slink passed on the last hill in to the finish.
    Thanks to Andi and his team(My ear has just about recovered from Andi sneaking up behind me and shouting out the Prize giving was about to start)

Great conditions but I think I prefered the course wet and heavy like last year as apposed to frozen and rutted.
    Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Also, due to the record entries, we'll be making donations to Woodhead MRT, North West Air Ambulance and Macmillan Cancer Support.
    Many Thanks Dom

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Nice to have Colllin cheering us on (one l or 3 )
    Only one thanks Ian,
    Swoopp.

Hi Swoop, I have a photo of Sandra for you, d'you still want a copy? It's also V funny, like to share it here if OK.