Well that certainly didnt go to plan.

Finally legs just starting to feel normal again. My 11th 3 Peaks on the trot, but one of my worst, certainly a bad day at the office for me. Just struggled from early on.

My plan was to do each leg between checkpoints 1 minute quicker than my pb time(4hrs 21min)so hoping to break 4hrs 15min, but that went tits up at top of Pen y Ghent when I was a minute down, after that I just went backwards.
Was so confident beforehand as my training had gone OK and conditions were almost perfect, far better than the last couple of years, but it just wasnt to be on the day. Found it hard work all the way round, and for the first time ever I struggled with blisters, even had to stop on my way up Whernside, take socks and shoes off then pop my blisters, not a good sign, relieved the pain a little but still gave me jip.

Finally limped home in 4hrs 46min, feeling crap.

Oh well, live to fight another day, I got round with no serious injuries, and hopefully the stronger for it.
Many Thanks to all organisers, marshals, helpers, etc, still a brilliant event and one of my fave races.