Page 426 of 430 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Well that certainly didnt go to plan.

Finally legs just starting to feel normal again. My 11th 3 Peaks on the trot, but one of my worst, certainly a bad day at the office for me. Just struggled from early on.

My plan was to do each leg between checkpoints 1 minute quicker than my pb time(4hrs 21min)so hoping to break 4hrs 15min, but that went tits up at top of Pen y Ghent when I was a minute down, after that I just went backwards.
    Was so confident beforehand as my training had gone OK and conditions were almost perfect, far better than the last couple of years, but it just wasnt to be on the day. Found it hard work all the way round, and for the first time ever I struggled with blisters, even had to stop on my way up Whernside, take socks and shoes off then pop my blisters, not a good sign, relieved the pain a little but still gave me jip.

Finally limped home in 4hrs 46min, feeling crap.

Oh well, live to fight another day, I got round with no serious injuries, and hopefully the stronger for it.
    Many Thanks to all organisers, marshals, helpers, etc, still a brilliant event and one of my fave races.

We still have a set of keys for a Toyota. Please get in touch if they are yours.

Entries going well 685 & 100+ still to complete their entries from the pre-selection list. Anyone else giving it a go this year?
    https://www.threepeaksrace.org/entries/

Yep I'm doing it again, not everyone's favourite race, more a trail race these days but I like it, got a bit of everything, and it'll be my 12th on the trot. Looking forward to it.

Race is filling up nicely, we have 845 confirmed entries & 35 on the Pre Selection List who still need to complete and pay.

If you are still thinking about entering - it's decision time. Don't leave it till the last minute and be disappointed!
    Last edited by Martins Mrs; 11-03-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy42 View Post
    Yep I'm doing it again, not everyone's favourite race, more a trail race these days but I like it, got a bit of everything, and it'll be my 12th on the trot. Looking forward to it.
    It gets more paved every time I go over it!! I think people who haven't run over the ground since last April will be surprised, if not shocked!! It'll not be long 'till its pretty much all 'paved' to some degree! The front of Whernside being the exception. It's certainly much less fell than it used to be! But tbf still a good race and route. I'll do it again I'm sure.

Well done on 12 on the bounce btw. Wish I had that under my belt.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

It's that time of year.....anyone got any advice on (wait for it)... type of shoes to wear?
    My choice at the moment is between mud claws and road shoes. In the past I have found the bit off PYG pretty muddy and been thankful for fell shoes. Other than though is only the bit up Whernside (and perhaps first bit of the descent off Whernside) where you really appreciate them, so toying with idea of road shoes. But then it has been wet...
    Any thoughts?

I've just been round the route this morning - it was still pretty muddy in places and slippery on the wet stone slabs. I used Mizuno wave harriers (which I'm likely to use on race day, I'm a 5 hour(ish) runner so near the back) and wouldn't have fancied doing it in road shoes. Of course if the weather stays like it was by the time I finished at 1pm it'll dry pretty fast!!

Three Peaks Race

Calling all clubs, competitors, marshals, spectators, in fact, anyone associated with a club who is attending the race on Saturday 28th April.
    We would like to have a display of club FEATHER FLAGS on the main event field in Horton in Ribblesdale.

So, if you want to simply fly the flag, promote your club, make your presence felt or just give you and your club mates a lift for the big race then, please bring along your club’s flag (preferably with a spike for the soft ground).

I know Bingley’s flag will be there!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before. Any recommendations for what shoes to wear for saturday? I have some mudclaws and x-talons 212s. Not much cusioning for the roads sections but i feel that grip would be essential... Thanks.