Page 404 of 430 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

And away they go on the Way Out Wacky Three Peaks Fell Race

And away they go on the Way Out Wacky Three Peaks Fell Race
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Run of the day for me was Clayton's Keiran Carr with his V70 course record!! Fantastic.

I love this!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Madge View Post
    Thanks must go to all the Marshalls today who did a fantastic job in some awful conditions on the top of Wherside and Ingleborough and they all managed still to stay so cheerful. I was behind a lady who fell crossing some very slippery rocks after the High Birkwith checkpoint she hit her face very hard on the rocks - I stopped to help and hope that she is OK and not too badly injured. Once I got to the top of Whernside I suffered terrible cramp and fell and a very kind male runner from I think Bingley ( had a blue and white striped vest on ! ) stopped and massaged my calf which allowed me to carry on and make the cut off at the Hill Inn - so thanks to him and hope he did not get too cold helping me and hope he too made the cut off . This just shows what a wonderful group of people fell runners are - always willing to help despite possibly hindering their own performance so thanks very much to him as I did not get his number
    Helping make dreams sounds much more positive than crushing them
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Helping make dreams sounds much more positive than crushing them.

Well I have my poetic side as well DT; but no one ever asks me about that?

"...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Wet, windswept, battered with hail and snow....and every marshal still had a smile on their face and words of encouragement. Many thanks to each and everyone of you...hi Manhar, great to see you.

The spectators are always on fine form lining the route and yesterday's hardy bunch really helped to lift the spirits. Don't think I've ever ate so many sweets during a race, I couldn't resist the countless offers of a sugar rush....in fact I've probably put weight on.

PRE-RACE

For the last 3 years I've always been disappointed with my performance at the peaks. It's totally self inflicted brought on with my complete lack of training and the sub 4hrs I've been after hasn't materialised. Runners who I race side by side with on a weekly basis say I should be doing a 3.45hr...shoulda, woulda, coulda.
    This year I was determined to do something different for the sub 4. The races have remained, yesterday was my 30th race this year, but I have done a few training runs...8 in total, all of a distance of 12 flat miles with the last 2 mile of each run being flat out blowing out my arse running. But once the mid week races started at the beginning of this month I've not done a training run.

RACE-DAY

In previous Peaks races I've been obsessed about split-times and constantly been checking my watch. Not this year....my watch was knackered and strangely I was kind of relieved. I had a rough idea of what times I needed to be at the check points and with nearly every runner wearing a watch I'd ask for times.

The strange thing about the Peaks race is that most runners seem to be racing for their own achievable goal. Racing week in week out you have your friendly battles with the same faces but for me this race feels different....you have your agenda and its best to try and stick with it.

Not going into too much detail, I enjoyed the race, didn't find the weather a problem and thankfully avoided cramp. Was it down to my 8 training runs, did I just feel good on the day? Not sure....but at 3.45hrs I'm well happy to finally sub 4......next year sub 3.30hrs?

HATS OFF

The incredible times the front runners churn out are extremely impressive, well done guys.....and echoing previous comments regarding Kieran Carr, what an inspiration. Also vet 60 Jackie Winn knocking out a 3.50hr....go on Jackie lad. Then there's Wendy Dodds completing her 32rd Peaks race after recently breaking her arm whilst skiing. And please correct me if I'm wrong but was yesterday David Scott's 47th Peaks race...gulp.

Many thanks to all involved.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

The 3 Peaks race 2 albums of photos up on https://plus.google.com/photos/110439573756197443848/albums .....more pics to follow

Has anyone tried printing the certificates from the 3 peaks website as the date is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    ...at 3.45hrs I'm well happy to finally sub 4...
    Nearing the finish - and a sub 4

Plenty More Miles in those Legs
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

Well done Mr Fishwick - there are plenty More Miles left in those legs

Darren, well done mate. Good even pacing too. Maybe there's something in this training lark.

As others have said, massive thanks to the marshals. Great getting a cheerio hello from Brett in the freezing rain on Whernside.