Page 113 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks 2008

Looked on Metcheck weather for skipton looks good for Saturday 80% cloud between 10 and 15 degrees very little chance of rain winds of 10 mph gusting to 12. That means is going to pee it down all day and be mega windy.

I'm taking my generic (i.e. cheap!) camel-back-type thingy and stuffing in a hooded kagool jacket plus waterproof trousers. Not the smallest bundle, but you never know....

Hate to be turned away cos the kit isn't complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Oh yes I will def be carrying my waterproofs, but the question I was asking was...
    Would a light weight water 'resistant' running jacket do and one that doesn't have a hood?
    It's just that my 'waterproof' doesn't pack down that small and was looking to get something like the ones that pack to the size of an apple, but not sure if this is acceptable? What make of jacket is everyone else carrying?
    The ones that pack to the size of an apple are the windproof montane featherlites (I am sure others do but theirs is the one with the advert).

They are termed water repellant but are by no means waterproof. If you have not got one they are great bits of clothing but would not and should not pass the kit check for a waterproof.

I will have a waterproof montane one but if the weather is rubbish I will set off in my windproof and keep the waterproof in the bag. I know this means I carry an extra 100g but I prefer running in the windproof.

Hope this helps?

The weather forecast for BD24 (Settle and surrounds) for Saturday is broken sunshine from 10 am until 12:59 turning to rain at exactly 1 o'clock. I won't have nearly finished by 1 pm

Talking Re: Three Peaks 2008

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    The ones that pack to the size of an apple are the windproof montane featherlites (I am sure others do but theirs is the one with the advert).

They are termed water repellant but are by no means waterproof. If you have not got one they are great bits of clothing but would not and should not pass the kit check for a waterproof.

I will have a waterproof montane one but if the weather is rubbish I will set off in my windproof and keep the waterproof in the bag. I know this means I carry an extra 100g but I prefer running in the windproof.

Hope this helps?
    Cheers AJF, that answers my question perfectly. It was the Montane Featherlite I was thinking of taking. But like you say, if the kit check guys look at the waterproofness of your items then I guess I will be carrying my bulkier 'waterproof'! Better safe than sorry!

Cool Re: Three Peaks 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    The weather forecast for BD24 (Settle and surrounds) for Saturday is broken sunshine from 10 am until 12:59 turning to rain at exactly 1 o'clock. I won't have nearly finished by 1 pm
    Me neither, not by a long way!!! But hey it says 2.8mm, it will be just a quick shower! Will be refreshing!
    Last year I did the route in 26 oC, what a headache!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Last year I did the route in 26 oC, what a headache!
    I'm impressed - hate to run in the heat, really sapping.... What sort of time did you get then MG?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I won't have nearly finished by 1 pm
    Then there's no chance for me either.....

I see from the entrants info that you have to stand in the line up according to what time you think you will finish in. I'm hoping 4 1/2 hrs.....ish.....

Thumbs up Re: Three Peaks 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Then there's no chance for me either.....

I see from the entrants info that you have to stand in the line up according to what time you think you will finish in. I'm hoping 4 1/2 hrs.....ish.....
    I would be happy with that too. whats your number, maybe I can tag along for a while until you lose me later?
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org

I'll be standing at the back...which means it will take even longer to get started and add even more time onto PYG! Will be ecstatic just to finish without being timed out! No.902...there's no one behind me!