Page 273 of 430 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    But 200 mls is only about 0.5% of your total body water - carrying that amount is purely psychological.
    Pretty much yes. I sometimes find it helps if I have a dry mouth to just get a small swig of water. I don't "need" it but it helps me feel more comfortable, which in turn makes me race better.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by No vice View Post
    I used to hit most of the drink stations in races, till i figured I didn't tend to take water when training. When I did Newark 1/2 Iit was a hot day and I did hit them. Closest I've come to projectile vomitting at the finish line!
    One of the best things about not drinking in a marathon is that at each drink station those in front of you - they have usually been in front of you for a few miles so you would recognize them if you saw them again - peel off to get a drink and YOU NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN! Result!

One of the best things about not drinking in a marathon is that at each drink station those in front of you - they have usually been in front of you for a few miles so you would recognize them if you saw them again - peel off to get a drink and YOU NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN! Result!
    Next half was Worksop. Ignored every drink station. I knew I'd improved, but still managed to beat my pb by 6:30 mins :thumbup:

Bottle at the end did taste great :wink:

Master

Another no drinking result!

Quote Originally Posted by Steampig View Post
    Hello All,
    Forgive this late request for information. Seems i have missed the boat in entering this years 3P's. Whats the situation with the wait list? do you only get a run if enough people request a substitution? or can you also register and then turn up on the day? I'm guessing that at least 100 people would be no shows on the day?

Any help or advice much appreciated, thanks.
    Hi Steampig,

Here is the entry link to get on the reserve list. There are no entries or substitutions on the day. You will probably find out if you have a place about 4 weeks before the race.
    Good luck in getting in. Hope to see you there! :thumbup:

https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=463
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

" ... I collapsed maybe a half mile from the finish with heat stroke and dehydration ......." - were these formal diagnoses, Stolly, or were you just thoroughly knackered and given a drip etc. as a precaution? From my reading more people become ill in long events these days from drinking too much, not to little. In the West Highland Way Race people are discouraged from drinking to excess - indeed they are told they can lose up to 4% of their body weight without coming to harm - and they have had no cases of exertional heat illness of any form. From the personal point of view I no longer drink or eat on my 20 mile runs, and have managed to persuade some previous "water addicts" to do the same, and my last 2 marathons were also intake free.
    I was dizzy, over heating, almost fainting and absolutely dying of thirst. I eventually staggered to a stream and threw myself in before jog trotting in to finish. And no I definitely didn't drink too much and nor did I have a drip or anything - if anything I'd run far too hard without having the distance/climb fitness to go with it. I sure as heck didn't over drink

Master

Sounds like imminent exercise associated collapse rather than heat stroke Stolly. It sounds like you pushed yourself too hard on the day for your fitness level. Whilst I am sure you are correct when you say you did not drink too much, I doubt if drinking more would have prevented it.

imminent exercise associated collapse
    That sounds familiar! :w00t:
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Sorry for being a bit dumb !!! but where does the race start from village? or town? area?
    Thanks.

Horton in Ribblesdale..