Page 311 of 430 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Eirik The Viking View Post
    Jepp, I was wearing a white Valley Striders vest. Got 3.55.02 which was a PB by 17 seconds!!

I am doing Wharfedale and Mont Blanc Marathon again this year so I better keep up my training.
    Ah that was you ahead (I got 3.55.09) - I usually have a good finishing sprint but was in the middle of a near-death experience at that stage. Can still barely walk today, calves massively sore and swollen, overcooked my 1st 3P a little, I feel.

My first 3 Peaks (and first fell race apart from the auld lang syne for ages) - enjoyable in a painful way. 13 days earlier I ran London Marathon, and my legs realised that this was no easy recovery bimble somewhere around Ribblehead and rebelled. My softy road runner feet also suffered with some massive blisters under both heels meaning running downhill was nigh on impossible. My cunning plan to pass hundreds of people on the flat runnable bits was therefore foiled and I struggled in just over 4:33 - however the objective was always to beat the cutoffs which I did fairly comfortably.

Will I be back? You betcha, loved it despite the pain, and that descent off Ingleborough and I now have unfinished business - however my dilemma is whether to give London another bash or whether to try and prepare for 3Ps properly (you know, by maybe running up some hills and stuff) - cos I certainly ain't going to try and do both in the same fortnight again!

But a great event I'm privileged to have taken part in - many thanks to organisers, marshalls, fellow competitors and spectators (particularly the bloke who gave me a slurp of water near the top of the steps up Ingleborough - lifesaver!).

Manhar was saying after the race he had a suntan, looking good Manhar you bronze god:wink:
    Hills and Guinness!

FAMOUS FORUMITES AT SULBER NICK

ANTISOCIAL

STEVEFOSTER

STOLLY

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, let the forum decide.
    I can be either on any given day, or all three in one day
    Hills and Guinness!

I'm in this one! The very last person in the photo, blue windshirt (which I'm taking off by the looks of it, too hot!) and headband.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    I'm in this one! The very last person in the photo, blue windshirt (which I'm taking off by the looks of it, too hot!) and headband.

MORE FAMOUS 3PEAKS FACES

DAVE SCOTT
    44 3Peaks race completions!

ANDY PEACE
    The current record holder, 2.46.03, unlikely to be beaten!

MIKE WALLIS
    First V50 this year...3.19.05

ROB JEBB
    4 times of this race & 8 times winner of 3Peaks Cyclo-X

Quote Originally Posted by andy from embsay View Post
    My first 3 Peaks (and first fell race apart from the auld lang syne for ages) - enjoyable in a painful way. 13 days earlier I ran London Marathon, and my legs realised that this was no easy recovery bimble somewhere around Ribblehead and rebelled. My softy road runner feet also suffered with some massive blisters under both heels meaning running downhill was nigh on impossible. My cunning plan to pass hundreds of people on the flat runnable bits was therefore foiled and I struggled in just over 4:33 - however the objective was always to beat the cutoffs which I did fairly comfortably.
    Andy, you did very well, to say you had run London a fortnight before.
    Out of interest, what shoes did you have on? I did it in road shoes this year, but the first time I ran PPP I was wearing Flyrocs and got the same blisters you describe. Never again!

I wore innov-8's of some description, and wish i worn road shoes - to be honest i think if the blisters hadn't slowed me down my legs would have, but i was interested to see how many people had road shoes on. I'd definitely wear road shoes (particularly given the build up I've had which has all been London focused - i kind of entered 3P by mistake...) in similar conditions. I think 3P would suit me really - i'm not terribly fast uphill, and hopeless on the rough stuff, the sections between PyG and off Inglebro should be right up my street. It's definitely given me the taste for it so at the moment I'm thinking a proper got at 3P in 2012 then maybe another London in 2013 (which was really the plan this year until my itchy trigger finger clicked "enter"...).