Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Re the kit requirements...

I read in the programme that it was
    full body cover
    Whistle
    Compass
    food.

There was no mention of a map. I didn't carry one. I don't think it's possible to get lost on the 3 peaks anyway but was going to tear the map out of the programme but then read the list...

Yet the board at the start, which I didn't see until afterwards in a photo, said map..
    http://www.threepeaksrace.org.uk/raceinfo2011.html

This deffo says map - which is why I spent a frantic half an hour trying to print the relevant bits of OS map on the kids' computer!

Quote Originally Posted by andy from embsay View Post
    http://www.threepeaksrace.org.uk/raceinfo2011.html

This deffo says map - which is why I spent a frantic half an hour trying to print the relevant bits of OS map on the kids' computer!
    Last time we just tore out the programme map..maybe I just misread the programme...

One of our runners put all his drinks and another club members drinks in the first drinks box so by hill inn they had no drinks...with the two drink stops, 2 additional drink stops and people on the hill there is plenty of water to be had. 4 drink stops for a 3-4 hr race is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by andy from embsay View Post
    Re marathon vs 3P time - i ran 3:11 at London, which was a wee bit down on expectations due to a very hot last hour - most people I spoke to were 10 mins or so down on target. I think for a fresh 3P i'd hope to be an hour inside my mara time or maybe a bit more, but even without blisters my legs were suffering after half way. I've run quite fast 10ks and even half marathons 2 or 3 weeks after a marathon before, but I think a long fell race 13 days later was never going to be pretty.
    My mate did a 2.55 at London and 3.41 at 3 peaks, I'm well envious but great times and he is 55 tomorrow.......happy birthday Dave!

Woodentops pics here
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Woodentops pics here
    Some great pics there. And no copyright marks! Good work Mr&Mrs W.

My first three peaks, 5hours 3mins, not good, will have that down to 4.4 max next year, good seeing stolly and merry legs again, it's been a long time. Shot pasy ady taking pics didn't say hi cause i couldn't breath

Did well up to pyg (46 mins) got to ribble head in good time, then got a banger of cramp coming off whernie, i had to stop and do a self massage at one point. Got to chapel cut off with 20 mins to spare then the climb up ingle went ok (suprisingly) i lost it on the slog to horton though, legs were failing me. Great day though, cheers to all the marshalls for your time
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    My first three peaks, 5hours 3mins, not good, will have that down to 4.4 max next year, good seeing stolly and merry legs (now stevefoster) again, it's been a long time. Shot pasy ady taking pics didn't say hi cause i couldn't breath

Did well up to pyg (46 mins) got to ribble head in good time, then got a banger of cramp coming off whernie, i had to stop and do a self massage at one point. Got to chapel cut off with 20 mins to spare then the climb up ingle went ok (suprisingly) i lost it on the slog to horton though, legs were failing me. Great day though, cheers to all the marshalls for your time
    Good to see you as well mate, passed you going up Whernside, you were going well at that point. Looking on the positive side you got round, well done. Cramp is a b@st@rd when it strikes, stops you dead in your tracks. Nuun's tablets have kept it at bay for me:wink:
    Last edited by stevefoster; 09-05-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Good to see you as well mate, passed you going up Whernside, you were going well at that point. Looking on the positive side you got round, well done. Cramp is a b@st@rd when it strikes, stops you dead in your tracks. Nuun's tablets have kept it at bay for me:wink:
    i did have my nuun tablets, first time they have failed me!
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Anybody get one of the new t-shirts from this year's race? just wondering what they're like size-wise, i.e. a bit on the small/big size? I'm usually small but sometimes medium...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    Anybody get one of the new t-shirts from this year's race? just wondering what they're like size-wise, i.e. a bit on the small/big size? I'm usually small but sometimes medium...
    They are smaller than average - go for a medium ....