Page 326 of 430 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Maggie - I did it in 2008 with a week between and was fine. It was actually my fastest of my 3 PPP runs.

I'm doing AW again this year before the Peaks.

For your info I'm just a steady fell plodder who typically gets by of 20 odd miles per week who will get around AW in about 2:30 and PPP in about 4:50

WP
    Thanks WP. I actually decided not to do it as I gluttonly and slovenly had a hen night the night before. Definately on taper now but now worried havnt done enough. My 3 previous 3 Ps have all been 4.45 so Ill prob see you and we can compare race preparaation...drinking heavily v racing
    Good luck!
    " Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself. "

Smile Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by stubar View Post
    Shiver me timbers!
    parrot on shoulder and crutch for wooden leg ! Could make running the race difficult

Anyone worrying about not doing enough: my ENTIRE TRAINING for this was an hour of orienteering last Sunday. Green course, fair knackered me out.

Well, you mustn't overdo it.

I suspect I'll be getting a free bus ride...

Never mind, it'll be fun trying!

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    Anyone worrying about not doing enough: my ENTIRE TRAINING for this was an hour of orienteering last Sunday. Green course, fair knackered me out.

Well, you mustn't overdo it.

I suspect I'll be getting a free bus ride...

Never mind, it'll be fun trying!
    It's a good job there's a bus to get back isn't it then! I hope you're not 100% serious, why haven't you done any training? Without meaning to sound rude, it's a little irresponsible to race an A cat race without being fit for it, if conditions on the day are bad (which is looking likely) then you could put yourself in a dodgy situation.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Thought better of my previous rant, but I'll leave in the "wind your neck in mate".

1) I'm fit enough to complete the route and I have done it before (not competitviely). I have more than met the organiser's qualifying rules, and more importantly, my own rules.

2) I well appreciate my responsibilities as a fell runner and I NEVER run without keeping safety in the forefront of everything I do. In fact I'm probably too much of a cautious carol.

3) I can navigate well (enough) in bad conditions and I am also very aware of the escape routes. How many on Saturday won't have got maps in their bags? Or be able to actually use them?

4) My reversvation about fitness is that I won't be very fast. I never ever want to be putting marshalls etc in a bad positon but that's what the cut offs are for. I believe I can make it round within the cut offs and aim not to be last, but it will tight.

5) I only come here for a bit of banter but I am sick of the self appointed know alls who want to knock other people. Maybe my post wasn't very clear, I'm not advocating recklessness.

6) Yeah. Wind your bloody neck in.

One more, I'm getting sick of editing: I would never every rely on buses, that's a stupid thing to do. If one's there and I've retired, fine. But I know if I needed to retire at any point I could navigate home with the right equipment and the maps.
    Last edited by RichK; 24-04-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    Wind yer neck in mate. I'm fit enough for it and know the route.

Jesus this forum isn't half full of self appointed arse holes.

Only come here for a bit of banter, think I'll sign off for good. Cheers.
    Don't get so wound up. If you're fit enough why did you say you weren't?

And there's no need to call me an arsehole, that's just downright rude. My post was polite
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

I did edit the post but not quick enough. Regret the arse hole bit, but the rest all stands.

It was polite but I also found it pompous. (edit to add that my replies have raised the pomposity stakes). I've been on this forum for long enough for anyone to know I am a keen and regular racer. My comment about training meant very recent training.

But hey i should drop the tounge in cheek stuff, it doesn't come across well. Consider me reprimanded.

And for what it's worth I'll take your point on board Rob and consider my participation.
    Last edited by RichK; 24-04-2012 at 07:03 PM.

RichK don't be disheartened. There are still lots of people on the forum who get the whole tongue in cheek bit.

The sense of humour is what has always made the forum entertaining, interesting and informative in a fun way.

The tone does seem to have changed over time, and there are a lot of people who take everything very literally.

I guess the thing is not to get cross and rise to it but I am rubbish at taking that advice myself, so you have my sympathies.

Have a good race at the weekend.
    Last edited by swift; 24-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    RichK don't be disheartened. There are still lots of people on the forum who get the whole tongue in cheek bit.

The sense of humour is what has always made the forum entertaining, interesting and informative in a fun way.

The tone does seem to have changed over time, and there are a lot of people who take everything very literally. I've been a victim of it myself.

I guess the thing is not to get cross and rise to it but I am rubbish at taking that advice myself, so you have my sympathies.

Have a good race at the weekend.
    I got it RichK, both you and Rob av a good un, don't take it too seriously, it's only a trail race

Good post swift
    Hills and Guinness!