Page 327 of 430 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    I got it RichK, both you and Rob av a good un, don't take it too seriously, it's only a trail race
    Thanks Steve, I'll stop worrying about it too. I just spent silly money on a new waterproof to fill up my bum bag. Here's hoping I have to carry it all the way and don't need to use it. Okay, 'stopping worrying' is over - scared again now ....
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    Thanks Steve, I'll stop worrying about it too. I just spent silly money on a new waterproof to fill up my bum bag. Here's hoping I have to carry it all the way and don't need to use it. Okay, 'stopping worrying' is over - scared again now ....
    It's normal to be scared before, but once your off you'll be reet and enjoying it, av a good un Eleanor, hope the weather's as kind as last year.
    Hills and Guinness!

I was so scared last year that I was almost sick in the car on the way over (or perhaps it was MashamMan's driving!). Having said that, I had a good run and really enjoyed it so I bet you'll be fine once you have covered the first mile and got into your stride. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    RichK don't be disheartened. There are still lots of people on the forum who get the whole tongue in cheek bit.

The sense of humour is what has always made the forum entertaining, interesting and informative in a fun way.

The tone does seem to have changed over time, and there are a lot of people who take everything very literally.

I guess the thing is not to get cross and rise to it but I am rubbish at taking that advice myself, so you have my sympathies.

Have a good race at the weekend.
    Seconded (by an oft misunderstood tongue in cheeker )

ha ha, I was going to post earlier from the viewpoint of someone who often takes things too literally. The world works in mysterious ways....
    Rob and RichK should just kiss and make up.:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Seconded (by an oft misunderstood tongue in cheeker )
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Hi all, went out for the evening. No ill feeling, Rob has a good point. Undertrained and winging it is not a good state to be in.

Enjoy the trail run all! Weather and all...:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    Anyone worrying about not doing enough: my ENTIRE TRAINING for this was an hour of orienteering last Sunday. Green course, fair knackered me out.

Well, you mustn't overdo it.

I suspect I'll be getting a free bus ride...

Never mind, it'll be fun trying!

Sounds like your well prepared mate. My entire prep has been based around sitting in front of the TV watching Jeremy Kyle repeats and drinking Thunderbird. I have done the occasional stretch to the outside toilet to work my aerobic system a little and that's built up my mileage nicely in the last few weeks as I had a touch of the runs.

For the last 2 weeks I've also gone upstairs to sleep, just to get some climbing in.

Sorted I reckon - all I want to do is get to the Hill Inn for a couple of pints.

Sorry to change the subject but do energy gels pass as emergency food? I don't want to carry food if I don't have to cos I won't eat it.

Fair play, I do often take things literally and I thought you were boasting about how little training you had done. Enjoy it, weather might clear but it's still going to be a bog hop. I'm not there this year but will likely do it next year. have a good 'un
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Sounds like your well prepared mate. My entire prep has been based around sitting in front of the TV watching Jeremy Kyle repeats and drinking Thunderbird. I have done the occasional stretch to the outside toilet to work my aerobic system a little and that's built up my mileage nicely in the last few weeks as I had a touch of the runs.

For the last 2 weeks I've also gone upstairs to sleep, just to get some climbing in.

Sorted I reckon - all I want to do is get to the Hill Inn for a couple of pints.
    Too many junk miles, you've overtrained, a recipe for injury, and first to the bar
    Hills and Guinness!