Page 333 of 430 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Agree entirely, Jez, that's the attraction of it. It should be kept as simple as possible. The devil is always in the detail, though.

That's true Roy. And after last years strict enforcement of kit requirements I don't blame people for checking on every last detail. Pete Bland did very well last year. I had to buy a balaclava as he'd run out of hats. Never worn it !

I always have a bag of old gear in the car (still forgot my 'magic' racing socks last year, hence the really bad time!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    That's true Roy. And after last years strict enforcement of kit requirements I don't blame people for checking on every last detail. Pete Bland did very well last year. I had to buy a balaclava as he'd run out of hats. Never worn it !
    yup, i just wanna make sure I got everything sorted now, so on saturday I can just enjoy running

haha balaclava - i need to get one of these for winter camping later this year, might do some shopping before the race

What are we racing in Roy ? The re-re-re-re-re-re-re-soled Walshes ?

Stubar, bit of shopping with pint in hand sounds like a plan to me !

Just in case anyone's interested, I have put together a virtual fly through of the route on youtube (or the route as best I've been able to plot it having never run it), http://youtu.be/2ZkO6OEGt8w

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadRunner View Post
    Just in case anyone's interested, I have put together a virtual fly through of the route on youtube (or the route as best I've been able to plot it having never run it), http://youtu.be/2ZkO6OEGt8w

Cheers
    thanks! really good - Whernside looks intimidating on the long approach!

Thanks whoever flagged up the change on PYG. I hadn't noted that - could have been in for a surprise on Sat! Mind you I'm going to be very slow after running most of London Marathon last weekend. My quads are already nice and sore... And if that doesn't get me, then the exercise induced nausea that scuppered my time on Sunday might...
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadRunner View Post

Cheers
    Excellent fly through! I thought it captured the miserable grind from PYG to Ribblehead really well!

I'm interested by the comments about using GPS. I asked if it was OK to use mine when I first did the race in 2009 and was told it was OK (mainly as a data logger, but average speed does help in judging timings). I ran 2009 and 2010 with it clearly visible on my wrist and attracted no comments. I didn't do 2011 and now wonder if I'll be able to use it this year. I guess I'll ask at registration before using it - the last thing I want to do is anything inappropriate.