Page 372 of 430 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: 3 Peaks Fell Race 2013

Thanks to all involved, especially the family that allow us to run through their garden, that lawn is gonna need some grass seeds. Some good times from fellow formites with plenty sub 4, well done everyone who ran.

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

Good to meet you MM. Bad luck on your DNF.

Quote Originally Posted by Masham Man View Post
    Well I joined that club too, DNF for me too!
    Gave up at Hill Inn, nothing left in legs. Legs hadn't mended after a w/e in the lakes last w/e.
    Enjoyed the day, it is a beast of a race!!

You too mate. Good effort going for the sub 4. I had nothing left to give. It was an effort to smile at the finish. Didn't even check my watch time for a minute or 2. Shot to pieces !

Quote Originally Posted by nosemi View Post
    I will throw my 4.02 in there as well. Hope for sub 4 but nothing left to give.
    Good to meet jez!
    Amazing race and so many marshals selflessly giving up there time.. Thank you
    Till next year

Looking for some photos of the race yesterday. Anyone know of any? I've found SportsSunday, but wonder if there are others.

Wow, the SportSunday ones are £4.99 !! Have they gone up ? I think I will wait for the, ever reliable & cheaper, Mr Woodhead photos !! (on the Woodentops website).

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman Limp View Post
    Looking for some photos of the race yesterday. Anyone know of any? I've found SportsSunday, but wonder if there are others.

I wasn't as fast as some of you whippets on here - well done all, some superb performances - but I was glad to finish my first 3 Peaks race in 4h28. I had a great day out, apart from the storm at the top of PenyGhent, and am hugely grateful to everyone who had a part to play in it.

I'm currently debating whether a gentle recovery run this morning would be a good idea.
    Friends in high places.

Well done, a great effort for your first 3 P's.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I wasn't as fast as some of you whippets on here - well done all, some superb performances - but I was glad to finish my first 3 Peaks race in 4h28. I had a great day out, apart from the storm at the top of PenyGhent, and am hugely grateful to everyone who had a part to play in it.

I'm currently debating whether a gentle recovery run this morning would be a good idea.

Re: 3 Peaks Fell Race 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I did try that but it failed to load in Google chrome.

Works fine in Mozilla
    http://live.sportident.co.uk/home/ev...6&mobile=false

I'd first like to mention the marshalls. It was my 5th Peaks yesterday, but all around the course the marshalls really got involved, engaged with us athletes and it's probably the best marshalling I've ever witnessed at any race - they really helped make my day more enjoyable and at the BBH post Peaks curry night last night everyone else agreed.
    Good to have a brief chat with BBH and Peaks legend Harry Walker who was marshalling on Whernside, just before the steep part of the descent. Top bloke.

I did notice that the spectator numbers were down - I normally arrive at Ribblehead to masses of people - the grassy approach to the dibbers is usually lined two or three deep and then the Hill Inn also lined with people outside the pub. Just seemed sparse yesterday.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race - my time was a little disappointing at 5:11 but better than last year when the wheels really did come off. I just found myself fighting to stave off cramp from the top of Whernside yesterday, so despite feeling strong, I just couldn't push.
    Whernside yet again did for me I suppose.

Never seen as many suffering with cramp in the race - they were all over yesterday.

I agree. Not one jelly baby offer from spectators this year. The weather was a real contrast. Snow on PYG. I then burnt my forehead later on in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'd first like to mention the marshalls. It was my 5th Peaks yesterday, but all around the course the marshalls really got involved, engaged with us athletes and it's probably the best marshalling I've ever witnessed at any race - they really helped make my day more enjoyable and at the BBH post Peaks curry night last night everyone else agreed.
    Good to have a brief chat with BBH and Peaks legend Harry Walker who was marshalling on Whernside, just before the steep part of the descent. Top bloke.

I did notice that the spectator numbers were down - I normally arrive at Ribblehead to masses of people - the grassy approach to the dibbers is usually lined two or three deep and then the Hill Inn also lined with people outside the pub. Just seemed sparse yesterday.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race - my time was a little disappointing at 5:11 but better than last year when the wheels really did come off. I just found myself fighting to stave off cramp from the top of Whernside yesterday, so despite feeling strong, I just couldn't push.
    Whernside yet again did for me I suppose.

Never seen as many suffering with cramp in the race - they were all over yesterday.