Page 375 of 430 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks Fell Race

http://www.ultra-fit.me/2013/04/28/yorkshire-3-peaks/

My race report for what it's worth. Questionable shoe choices and slow times aside, I had a thoroughly enjoyable race!

It's such a tough but friendly and down to earth race, a world away from London the week before.

Master

Lots of "crampers" - this would be an interesting study group for any researchers out there.

Well, that has to have been my most miserable run of the three peaks! I set out to beat my previous time of 4.30.45. I always think that I play it a bit safe on races as I tend to have a steady first half and a quicker second so I pushed it from the beginning. I was going quite well but struggled in the headwind to Ribblehead, slipped over and did an amazing long sideslide in the mud, cramped up going up Whernside (which is a first for me and quite humbling). It serves me right for being cocky about passing so many cramping folk last time! I felt sick as a dog because I forgot to dilute my lucozade, couldn't eat anything, wore the wrong shoes so was sliding about, cried when my mate pulled out at Hill Inn and nearly joined him, cramped on Ingleborough, kicked a stone and have a purple toenail, fell over again and bashed my knee then got stuck in the mud because I cramped up again (which was actually quite funny if a bit painful) but eventually finished in 4.35.29. I learnt so much (mainly that I'm too stubborn and bloody minded to give up!) and even though I didn't enjoy the running, I enjoyed the day. It was great to catch up with Mountain Goatess and so many others and the marshalling was fab - thanks very much! Thanks too to the lovely guy that grabbed me by the arm and almost lifted me over the bog at Whernside, what a gent! I thought the cow bells were a brilliant touch and they cheered me up. I'll definitely be doing it again

I then hotfooted it over to Threshfield to set up camp and see Stolly at the Cray checkpoint of the Fellsman and to see him in at the finish. He boshed it in approx 16.40. :thumbup: The atmosphere over there was great too and I enjoyed hanging out with the Fellsmanners
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

http://results.sportident.co.uk/home...b-7952932c0326

I checked the certificate out for the first time just now I saw I was "Standard" and then found the full list. I wondered how it was worked out - it doesn't seem to differntiate between Male and female.

I would just like to say thank you for all the advice about race pace I got from here - I pinned a 4hr15 schedule to my arm based on the timing from a runner last year and basically ran at that pace until like a lot of others the wheels came off up Iggleborough. Managed a 4hr 22 for my first time out - beast of a race but such great atmosphere and support all thoughout.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

I checked the certificate out for the first time just now I saw I was "Standard" and then found the full list. I wondered how it was worked out - it doesn't seem to differntiate between Male and female.
    .... nor age groups.

I dont think it really means anything Richard, first time ive ever noticed it.
    I'd rather be standard than 2nd class!

I'd take 'Standard' WP, your called far worse down at training some nights :w00t:

Second set of pics (courtesy of Kevin McGilvray): http://rochdaleharriers.co.uk/galler...bum/index.html
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

So many of you out there have talked about cramping or seen people cramping on this years 3 peaks. I use Elete and found it brill at warding off cramps, give it a go I think you will be impressed.